Ready to Go (Limp Bizkit song)
|"Ready to Go"|
|Single by Limp Bizkit featuring Lil Wayne|
|from the album Stampede of the Disco Elephants|
|Released||April 16, 2013|
|Producer(s)||Polow Da Don|
|Limp Bizkit singles chronology|
"Ready to Go" is a song by the American nu metal band Limp Bizkit and the first single from their upcoming seventh studio album, Stampede of the Disco Elephants. The single features rapper and label-mate Lil Wayne and is produced by Polow Da Don. The single is Limp Bizkit's first release for Cash Money Records after their departure from Interscope in 2011. The song was released in March 2013 as a free download on the band's website and, on April 16, as a digital single on iTunes and Amazon.
Limp Bizkit revealed plans to release "Ready to Go" in 2012 after they signed with Cash Money Records in February 24, with Fred Durst stating, "It sounds like a monster; it literally sounds dangerous. It sounds like that left of center, that place of discomfort that created rock 'n' roll, created the (heavy) metal, where it all spawned from."
Music and lyrics
According to Billboard, "In some ways, 'Ready To Go' is the type of song Limp Bizkit fans have been waiting on for over a decade, as a return to the chest-thumping shout-rap and heavy curtains of guitar. Before its bizarrely lengthy outro, the single lets frontman Fred Durst and Lil Wayne get their macho on". It has also been described as "gnarled nu-metal with all the poise of a rhinoceros in a tutu" by Fact Magazine. At HipHopDX, the song was characterized as "[bringing] their brand of Rap Metal back to the forefront."
Durst's lyrics describe his view of the rock scene as it exists today, and also takes digs at female celebrities Lady Gaga, Britney Spears (with whom Durst was rumored to be in a relationship with) and Jessica Biel. Lil Wayne's contribution begins after approximately 2 minutes and ends with him rapping the song's hook with Durst. An instrumental "outro" track concludes the song.
It was revealed through the band's Facebook page that a music video for the "urban assault" version of "Ready to Go" is under production. However, the music video ended up using the original version of the song.
"Ready to Go" has been met with positive reviews since its release. Spencer Kaufman of Loudwire praised Wes Borland's guitar playing and wrote, "The scorching track features blistering guitar work from Wes Borland".
The music video was released on July 22, 2013, and was directed by Fred Durst. Contrary to early reports that the music video was being filmed for the "Urban Assault" version of the song, the video features the single's original track.
According to Loudwire:
|“||The music video...takes fans behind the scenes of all things Limp Bizkit. The scenes change from shots of the band formulating set lists to guitarist Wes Borland’s unique preparation for the stage. It’s all intertwined with live concert clips of Limp Bizkit performing before thousands of fans.||”|
|Canada Active Rock (America's Music Charts)||24|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||23|
|UK Rock (Official Charts Company)||15|
|US Rock Digital Songs (Billboard)||37|
|US Rock Songs (Billboard)||41|
- Recording Staff
- The Hit Factory - Studio
- Ed Lidow - Engineer
- Ward Kuykendall - Assistant Engineer
- Alex Dilliplane - Assistant Engineer
- Jason Lipshutz (March 25, 2013). "Limp Bizkit Is 'Ready To Go' with Lil Wayne On New Single". Billboard.com. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- "Ready To Go - Single". iTunes. April 16, 2013. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- "Ready To Go [Explicit]". Amazon.com. April 16, 2013. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- Chad Childers (Oct 29, 2012). "New Limp Bizkit Song 'Lightz (City of Angels)' Surfacas Online". Loudwire.com. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- "Hear Limp Bizkit's debut release for Cash Money, featuring Lil Wayne". Fact (UK magazine). March 25, 2013. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- HipHopDX (March 30, 2013). "The Top 10 Most Popular Hip Hop Singles The Week Of 3/25/2013". HipHopDX. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- Madeline Boardman (March 25, 2013). "'Ready To Go,' Limp Bizkit's Latest Track, Features Lil Wayne, Blasts Britney". The Huffington Post. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- Bizkit, Limp (2 August 2013). "Album Review - Ready to go: Asymmetry". Vh1. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "New Video: Limp Bizkit x Lil Wayne "Ready To Go"". Rap Radar. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Mary Ouellette (July 23, 2013). "Limp Bizkit Unleash Video for "Ready to Go" featuring Lil Wayne!". loudwire.com. Retrieved Sep 10, 2013.
- Danny M (July 22, 2013). "Limp Bizkit "Ready to Go" (Feat. Lil Wayne)- Music Video". lilwaynehq.com. Retrieved Sep 10, 2013.
- "Canadian Active Rock & Alt Rock Chart Archive: Active Rock - July 26, 2011". America's Music Charts. Retrieved July 26, 2011.
- "Danishcharts.com – Limp Bizkit – Ready to Go". Tracklisten. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Limp Bizkit: Ready to Go" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- Search for Irish peaks
- "Polish Singles Chart |".
- "Spanishcharts.com – Limp Bizkit – Ready to Go" Canciones Top 50.
- "2013-08-24 Top 40 Rock & Metal Singles Archive". Official Charts. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "Limp Bizkit Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Billboard Hot Rock Songs". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "R2G artwork".