Map of Quezon showin the location of Real
|Region||CALABARZON (Region IV-A)|
|District||1st District of Quezon|
|Founded||December 15, 1960|
|• Mayor||Bing Aquino|
|• Vice Mayor||Joel Amando Diestro|
|• Total||563.89 km2 (217.72 sq mi)|
|• Density||64/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st Class; Partially Urban|
Reál is a first class municipality in the province of Quezon, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 35,979 people. This coastal town, located on the eastern shores of Luzon facing the Philippine Sea, is noted for its rural beach resorts.
Real is a small town facing the Pacific Ocean, approximately 133 kilometres (83 mi) from the Quezon capital Lucena City and 145 kilometres (90 mi) from Manila. Real has 17 barangays: 14 rural and 3 urban. Its total land area is 563.8 km², the second largest in the province.
Tourist spots include zigzag road views, Balagbag Falls, river scenery, and Baluti Island. Its beaches also attract tourists during summer time. The towns of Tignoan and Malapad are also known for surfing.
- Poblacion I (Barangay 1)
- Poblacion 61 (Barangay 2)
- Bagong Silang
Spanish forces landed at the site of Real early in the colonization period, calling it Puerto Real. Spanish galleons and ships docked at the port reinforced forces stationed at the nearby place "Binangonan del Ampon" known now as Infanta.
Formerly a barrio of Infanta, Real was created into a municipal district with a set of government comprising the barrios of Llavac, Cawayan, Capalong, Tignoan, Kiloloron, Lubayat and Pandan which were all segregated from the mothertown of Infanta. This was by the virtue of Executive Order No. 410 dated December 15, 1960, by President Carlos P. Garcia.
|Population census of Real|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Office|
- "Province: QUEZON". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Highlights of the Philippine Population 2015 Census of Population". 2015 Census of Population and Housing. Philippine Statistics Office. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- Ventura, Anika. "Classes. More Fun in the Philippines". It's More Fun in the Philippines. Philippine Department of Tourism. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Real, Quezon.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Tanay, Rizal||General Nakar||Infanta|
|Santa Maria, Laguna