Logo of Real Simple magazine since first publication
|Former editors||Kristin van Ogtrop|
|First issue||April 2000|
|Based in||New York City|
Real Simple is a monthly women's interest magazine launched by Time Inc. in 2000. The magazine features articles and information related to homekeeping, childcare, cooking and emotional wellbeing. The magazine is distinguished by its clean, uncluttered style of layout and photos. Out of the 7.6 million readers, 90% are women. Headquartered in New York City, the magazine is currently edited by Sarah Collins, who began serving as interim editor-in-chief in September 2016 after the departure of previous editor Kristin van Ogtrop.
Real Simple in other media
In December 2010, Real Simple launched its first application on the iTunes Store sponsored by Sara Lee's Hillshire Farms. "No Time to Cook?", targeted iPhone, Android and iPad users, it features over 850 step-by-step recipes.
In 2010, another app titled Real Simple To-Do Lists was added to Real Simple's array of apps. To-Do Lists helps users organize their lives into lists.
Additionally, in Mother's Day 2012, Real Simple created a Gift Guide app available on the Apple App Store that had a selection of items for people to buy. Users also had the option to donate to the launch partner, March of Dimes.
- Sarah Collins
- Heather Muir—Beauty Director
- Victoria Sanchez-Lincoln—Fashion Director
- Sarah Copeland—Food Director
- Betsy Goldberg—Home Director
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Audit Bureau of Circulations. June 30, 2011. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "The 20 Best Magazines of the Decade (2000-2009)". Paste Magazine. November 26, 2009. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- "Real Simple Media Kit" (PDF).
- "Real Simple". TimeInc. Retrieved October 22, 2016.
- Kelly, Keith J. (August 22, 2016). "Ogtrop latest editor to exit Time Inc". New York Post. News Corp. Retrieved October 22, 2016.
- Sara Lee’s Hillshire Farms opts for in-app sponsorship to push smoked sausage, December 23, 2010.
- Keeping It Real Simple on the iPhone , April 13, 2010.
- Real Simple steps up mcommerce initiatives with shoppable Mother’s Day app , April 23, 2012.