Real Story Group
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||2001 by Tony Byrne|
|Headquarters||3470 Olney-Laytonsville Road, Suite 131 Olney, MD|
Real Story Group, known as CMS Watch until February 2010, is a digital workplace and marketing technology analyst firm headquartered in Silver Spring, United States with offices in Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Bangalore, and Delhi. The company provides advisory services to buyers of business technology and publishes reports on various areas including web content management, enterprise mobile platforms, digital marketing technology, enterprise search, digital asset management, media asset management, SharePoint, and social software. The company asserts that unlike many other market players, it works only for technology solutions buyers and never for vendors.
Real Story Group has a reputation in the tech media for being comparatively more critical of technology vendors than other analyst firms, for example, criticizing Google's Enterprise Search Appliance for putting "marketing a couple of steps ahead of engineering," noting the "unreal expectations created by sales messages about the advantages and benefits of Digital Asset Management systems,"  and warning customers about vendors touting expansive marketing suites.
Media firms have also tended to take note of Real Story Group's "Vendor Maps." 
- "Welcome to the Real Story Group". Retrieved 24 February 2010.
- "CMS Watch – About Us". Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- Tony Byrne < Real Story Group Analyst. Cmswatch.com. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- "Google Search Appliance Fades Away". Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "What to Expect of Digital Asset Management in the near Future?". Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Tony Byrne: There's No Such Thing as a DX Platform #DXS15". Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Real Story Group Maps Digital Workplace, MarTech Space". Retrieved 3 December 2015.