|Developer(s)||Heroic Leap Games|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
Realm Royale is a free-to-play battle royale game developed by Hi-Rez Studios. The game features multiple character classes each with unique abilities. It is a spin-off of the hero shooter Paladins, where it originated as a game mode known as Paladins: Battlegrounds. The game was released for Microsoft Windows via Steam's early access program in June 2018, with versions for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One released two months later. A few months after releasing on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Realm Royale entered open beta on both consoles. You can also join Facebook groups like Realm Royale Community to talk to other Realm players and join up for squad games.
The game plays similarly to other games in the Battle Royale genre, in which 100 players drop down from an airship and must traverse a shrinking safe area, collect equipment such as weapons to fight and eliminate opponents, and aim to be the last remaining player.  In the Squad play mode, players are grouped into teams of four against a total of 100 players. A crafting system allows found items to be broken down for materials to make better items or abilities at fixed locations found on the map, called Forges, which often become contested by many players. Players who have been "knocked down" by other players are transformed into a chicken, and may be transformed back if they manage to survive attackers for a period of time. The game includes a battle pass, known as the "Primal Awakening" until January 16, 2019, when the second season known as "Steel and Shadow" debuted, that rewards players with character cosmetics. There are 4 classes. Each class has specific "talents" in which you level up your character to earn them. They provide cooldowns and damage/power buffs to certain weapons and abilities. You have access to any weapon or ability you want, but certain characters are stronger with a certain weapon or ability.
Realm Royale's visual style and gameplay have drawn comparisons with the MMORPG World of Warcraft. Alex Avard of GamesRadar+ likened the game's classes to "the early days of World of Warcraft's PvP, in all the right ways." Jordan Forward of PCGamesN named the Forge as a key addition that a real sense of direction to the early and mid-game of Realm Royale".
The game was received well initially, with popular streamers such as Ninja playing it, though it lost 98% of its player base by September 2018. It has since rebounded to a new high of 120,000 concurrent players after several updates along with launching on the Xbox One and PS4. 
- Koczwara, Michael (June 5, 2014). "PALADINS BATTLE ROYALE SPINOFF REALM ROYALE IS NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM". IGN. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- *Makuch, Eddie (June 5, 2014). "New Battle Royale Game Hits Steam, Looks Like Fortnite, And Lets You Ride Horses". Gamespot. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- Chalk, Andy (June 5, 2018). "Hi-Rez's battle royale game Realm Royale is now available on Steam Early Access". PC Gamer. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- Avard, Alex (June 6, 2018). "Realm Royale is like Fortnite mixed with World of Warcraft, and it's better than it has any right to be". Games Radar. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- Kimber, Jake (August 1, 2018). "Realm Royale Closed Beta Starts Next Week on PS4". Playstation.blog. Retrieved July 28, 2018.
- "Realm Royale is coming to @Xbox and @PlayStation… And Closed Beta starts next week!". realmroyale.com. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- Jones, Gary (22 January 2019). "Realm Royale PS4 and Xbox One open beta begins TODAY". express.co.uk. Retrieved 5 February 2019.
- Forward, Jordan (June 6, 2018). "Realm Royale is no Fortnite killer, but it's full of new ideas". PCGamesN. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- O'Connor, Alice (June 6, 2018). "Realm Royale takes Paladins to battle royale". Rock Paper Shotgun. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- "Realm Royale :: Enter Battle Pass 2: Steel and Shadow". steamcommunity.com. 2019-01-16. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- Grubb, Jeff. "Realm Royale joins the Battle Pass parade". Venture Beat. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- Glyer, Mike (November 19, 2018). "2018 Gamers' Choice Awards Nominees". File 770. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- Gibson, Alex (February 7, 2019). "Realm Royale Hits Highest Concurrent Players Numbers Since Launch". File 770. Retrieved March 5, 2019.