|Founded||May 4, 2018|
|Divisions||Realme TechLife (Dizo)|
Realme (stylized as realme) is a Chinese consumer electronics manufacturer based in Shenzhen, Guangdong. It was founded by Li Bingzhong (known as Sky Li) on May 4, 2018, who was former vice president of Oppo. Started originally as a sub-brand of Oppo, Realme eventually ventured as its own brand. Realme then became the fastest-growing 5G smartphone brand in Q3 2021 with an 831% growth rate.
- Realme was founded on May 4, 2018. Before that it was a sub-brand of Oppo, which is itself a subsidiary of BBK Electronics, until its formation as a spinoff on May 4, 2018.
- In May 2018, they released their first phone, Realme 1.
- On July 30, 2018, Sky Li announced his resignation from Oppo and his intention to establish Realme as an independent brand on Sina Weibo.
- On November 15, 2018, Realme adopted a new logo.
- On November 22, 2018, Realme became an emerging brand in the Indian market. The sales of Realme devices in India have since surpassed the sales of Oppo. Realme has been the fourth largest smartphone brand in India since 2019, behind Xiaomi, Samsung, and Vivo. Realme holds records in India for fastest-charging smartphone and India's first 5G smartphone.
- On May 15, 2019, Realme held its first conference in Beijing to enter the Chinese domestic market, launching the Realme X, Realme X Lite and Realme X Master Edition.
- In June 2019, Realme announced its entry into the European market.
- On June 26, 2019, Realme released its first photo taken with its 64MP camera.
- By July 2019, Realme had entered markets including China, South Asia, Southeast Asia and Europe.
- By August 2019, Realme surpassed 10 million users.
- In August 2019, Realme showed a prototype device with a quadruple 64MP camera in China and India.
- In 2021, the brand had a user base in Europe and Asia that one review described as "fairly wide".[better source needed]
- On May 16, 2022, Francis Wong takes over as CEO of Realme Europe.
- On May 18, 2022, Realme announces Narzo 50 5G and 50 Pro 5G.
The company has a large number of products, particularly in the Indian market.
- "Vivo ships 5.8 million smartphones to India in Q2 2019; breaks its own record". www.canaly.coms. 2019-07-29. Archived from the original on 2019-12-12. Retrieved 2019-07-29.
- Prado, Phillip (2018-10-31). "BBK Group could soon surpass Samsung as top dog". Android Authority. Archived from the original on 2019-12-18. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- Artashyan, Argam (2018-07-30). "Realme Separates From OPPO: Another OnePlus?". GizChina. Gizchina Media. Archived from the original on 2019-04-30. Retrieved 2018-07-30.
- Hazarika, Skanda (29 July 2020). "Realme 2 Pro and Realme 5/5s/5i Android 10 kernel source code now available". xda-developers. Archived from the original on 14 August 2020. Retrieved 15 August 2020.
- Yordan (2018-07-31). "Oppo VP moves to become Realme CEO, targets global brand expansion". GSMArena.com. Archived from the original on 2019-06-16. Retrieved 2018-08-30.
- "Realme, the No.1 Emerging Brand now: CMR". CyberMedia Research | CMR. Archived from the original on 2019-12-15. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "India's first 5G phone! Realme X50 Pro 5G with 12GB RAM, 256GB storage all set for launch; check details - The Financial Express". financialexpress.com. 20 February 2020.
- Jeet (2019-04-24). "Realme officially announces its entry in China". Gizmochina. Archived from the original on 2019-07-13. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- Media, Kompas Cyber (16 May 2019). "Harga Berikut Spesifikasi Lengkap Realme X dan Realme X Lite". KOMPAS.com (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 2019-12-22. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- Hamza, Muhammad (2019-08-07). "Worldwide user of realme has passed 10 million". Technology Times. Archived from the original on 2019-08-23. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Realme 64MP Quad Camera Prototype Hands-On: Another Daring Leap". xda-developers. 2019-08-10. Archived from the original on 2019-11-30. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Realme 64 MP camera smartphone to be announced on 15 August". The Mobile Indian. 2019-08-06. Archived from the original on 2019-08-23. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- Mehta, Tushar (2021-05-31). "Realme launches new 4K Android TV models to take on Mi TVs". xda-developers. Archived from the original on 2021-06-01. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "Francis Wong takes over as CEO of Realme Europe". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2022-05-18.
- "Realme announces Narzo 50 5G and 50 Pro 5G". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2022-05-18.
- "Realme GT Review: Glaringly typical from Realme in all the right ways". xda-developers. 13 September 2021. Retrieved 13 September 2021.