Realty One Group
|Kuba Jewgieniew, Mike Clear, Vinnie Tracey, Alexandru D. Mihai, Esq., Cory Vasquez, and Gary Fabian|
Realty ONE Group was founded in 2005 by owner and CEO Kuba Jewgieniew, a former stockbroker. Jewgieniew, previously a financial planner and portfolio manager, became a real estate agent in the early 2000s. In his first year, he completed 111 transactions and over $30 million in sales before deciding to start his own brokerage based on a 100%-commission model. The brokerage, Realty ONE Group, was based in Las Vegas and had 250 agents by the end of its first year and $102 million in sales.
Today, the company has more than 11,000 real estate agents in more than 35 U.S. states, Washington D.C. and Canada and has been named one of the fastest growing real estate franchisors.
Realty ONE Group’s purpose reads: Opening doors every day, across the globe – ONE home, ONE dream, ONE life at a time.
Realty ONE Group expanded into Arizona in 2007, and by August 2010, the company had 2,200 agents. In August 2011 the brokerage acquired John Hall & Associates, a Phoenix, Arizona-based real estate brokerage. The brokerage had also expanded into the State of California in January 2010, and opened offices in Orange County and Riverside County by the end of 2011. In 2012 Realty ONE Group opened Realty ONE Group Affiliates, the official franchise arm of the company.
Realty ONE Group opened its first international office in February 2019 in Leduc, Alberta, Canada and opened its second in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in June 2019.
Because of its swift growth in both office and agent count, Realty ONE Group was named one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S.by Inc. 500 from 2009 to 2014. The franchisor also has been named one of the fastest growing U.S. real estate companies by both Entrepreneur Magazine and Real Trends a number of times.
Jewgieniew, who has been named to Swanepoel’s Top 200 Most Powerful People in Residential Real Estate a number of times, created the company to be different from traditional real estate brokerages. Realty ONE Group pays agents 100% of their commission and only charges a flat monthly fee to be part of a franchise, offering comprehensive tools, technology, training and a unique company culture.
Realty ONE Group is known for its contemporary offices with modern décor and its black and gold signature colors. The company also frequently markets itself as the “UNBrokerage.”
The company is focused on future growth and continues to recruit an experienced executive leadership team.
In early 2017, with decades of prior experience at American Home Shield and HSA Home Warranty, Michael Clear joined Realty ONE Group as Chief Operating Officer. In September 2017, Realty ONE Group appointed Vinnie Tracey Realty ONE Group International President. Tracey is the former President of RE/MAX International and a 44-year veteran of the industry. Chief Financial Officer Gary Fabian joined Realty ONE Group’s C-Suite in December 2018 with extensive experience with Bank of America/Countrywide Home Loans and Stearns Lending. In 2019, Cory Vasquez was promoted to Chief Marketing Officer having previously spent 11 years leading RE/MAX’s corporate communications team.
Realty ONE Group established its own 501(c)3 organization, Realty ONE Group Cares, Inc., in 2014 as a way for the organization and its agents to give back to the community. And every year on its anniversary, May 1, the franchisor celebrates with a company-wide day of giving back and volunteering. The anniversary day is called ONE Day.
- Victoria Slind-Flor (March 28, 2012). "Kimberly-Clark, RDA Micro, Facebook: Intellectual Property". Businessweek. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Jan Buchholz (August 9, 2011). "John Hall & Associates acquired by Realty One Group". Phoenix Business Journal. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Realty ONE Group Takes 7th Spot in Real Trend's 500 List". Realty Today. April 2, 2013. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Buck Wargo (April 16, 2010). "Q&A: Kuba Jewgieniew, CEO of Realty ONE Group". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Realty One Group acquires John Hall & Associates". Inman News. August 10, 2011. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Buck Wargo (September 11, 2011). "Realty One Group out to compete nationally". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Paul Hagey (August 15, 2012). "Realty One Group expands into franchising". Inman News. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "2017 Swanepoel POWER 200". www.swanepoel.com. Retrieved 2017-10-25.[verification needed]
- Buck Wargo (April 16, 2010). "Q&A: Kuba Jewgieniew, CEO of Realty ONE Group". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved April 12, 2013.[verification needed]
- Buck Wargo (September 11, 2011). "Realty One Group out to compete nationally". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved April 12, 2013.[verification needed]
- "Realty ONE Group Names New President". Realtor Magazine. Retrieved 2017-10-25.[verification needed]