She married businessman Stephen Jones in 1997, and they have one son, William, born 25 April 1999. The family live in Penarth, South Wales.
She has since performed regularly at the Welsh National Opera; the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden and Bayerische Staatsoper, Munich. She has established a major operatic career in America where she has sung Susanna (The Marriage of Figaro) for the Santa Fe Opera; Adele (Die Fledermaus) for the Chicago Lyric Opera; Zerlina (Don Giovanni), Ann Trulove (The Rake's Progress) and Adina (L'elisir d'amore) for San Francisco Opera; and both Susanna and Zerlina for the Metropolitan Opera, New York.
As a concert singer, she has appeared at the BBC Proms and the Edinburgh Festival; at a Gala Concert to celebrate the opening of the Welsh Assembly in the presence of the Queen and the Prince of Wales; and in Bremen with Andrea Bocelli and the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
Her recordings include Ilia (Idomeneo), Pamina (The Magic Flute) and Susanna (The Marriage of Figaro) for Chandos, Nanetta (Falstaff) for Decca, and a solo recording of Italian songs for EMI. She has also recorded three principal soprano parts in Sir Charles Mackerras's Telarc series of Gilbert & Sullivan operettas: the Plaintiff in Trial by Jury, Mabel in The Pirates of Penzance and Josephine in H.M.S. Pinafore. She participated in only the second recording of Delius's Requiem (1996, under Richard Hickox). She has also sung Belinda in the BBC film of Dido and Aeneas and hosted the BBC television series A Touch of Classics with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales. She was also a guest artist on the 2008 BBC2 series Maestro  presented by Clive Anderson.
She is an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and was awarded an Honorary Degree, Doctor of Music, from the University of Glamorgan in 1997. She is also Vice-president of the Welsh homelessness charity Shelter Cymru and Patron of Music in Hospitals Cymru/Wales.
On 1 May 2009, Evans was awarded an honorary degree Doctor of Music from the University of Wales.
Honours and awards
- Evans was awarded the honour, by the Eisteddfod, of becoming a member of the Gorsedd of Bards. Created in 1792 as celebration of Welsh heritage, Gorsedd inductees are considered to have contributed significantly to Welsh culture.
- Young Welsh Singer of the Year 1989 
- MOCSA Winner 1989
- Théâtre du Châtelet Paris - Prix Hélène Rochas 2001
- Grammy Award for Best Opera Recording 2008 for Hansel and Gretel
- Sir Geraint Evans Music Prize 2009
|The Pearl Fishers||2008||Chandos|
|The Pilgrim's Progress||Chandos|
|Hugh the Drover||1994||Hyperion|
|The Magic Flute||2006||Chandos|
|The Marriage of Figaro||Chandos|
|Hansel and Gretel||2007||Chandos|
- Rebecca Evans' Artist Management Askonas Holt
- Rebecca Evans (Soprano) sings Panis Angelicus. Stephen Isserlis - Cello
- Rebecca Evans BBC - Big Welsh Challenge 2007/2008 -Celebrity Team
- Rebecca Evans & Simon Keenlyside perform with Sting & Trudie Styler - Article
- Rebecca Evans Interview 5 July 2007 - Music Critic. Com
- Rebecca Evans GRAMMY NOMINATION 2008