Rebecca Jackson Mendoza
|Rebecca Jackson Mendoza|
|Born||1973 (age 43–44)
|Occupation||Actress, singer, dancer|
|Relatives||Natalie Mendoza (sister)|
Rebecca Jackson Mendoza (born 1973) is an Australian actress, singer, and dancer.
Rebecca Jackson Mendoza was born in Melbourne, Australia to a Spanish-Filipino father and German Australian mother. She first came to national prominence as half of the pop duo Jackson Mendoza, with her sister Natalie. They had minor success releasing two singles that reached the Top 30 in Australia before disbanding in 2000.
Mendoza has had film roles in Howling III (1987) as a dancer, and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005) as Queen Breha Organa. Her stage roles include Australian and German productions of Miss Saigon, Australian productions of Show Boat and Hair, Australian and Japanese productions of We Will Rock You, and Lady Galadriel in the Toronto production of The Lord of the Rings.
Mendoza is playing Miss Bell in Fame: The Musical, Australia.
In 1999, Mendoza suffered a stroke after being stabbed in the chest by her estranged husband and fellow Show Boat cast member Marlon Brand, who committed suicide after the attack. The couple had a daughter named Phoenix.
- BWW (21 February 2006). "An Interview with Lord of the Ring's Rebecca Jackson Mendoza aka Galadriel". broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 17 May 2006.
- Sams, Christine (30 June 2002). "Stabbing wound heals for Hair star Rebecca". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 5 July 2006.
- Rebecca Jackson Mendoza at the Internet Movie Database
- Cast page at The Lord of the Rings - The Stage Musical website
- Rebecca Jackson Mendoza at Nerf Herders Anonymous fansite
- Reddit original tapes found
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|