She was Secretary of the Cabinet from 2008 to November 2013. During the last six months of this time she was seconded to the GCSB to carry out a review of compliance systems and processes there, in response to concerns of illegal spying on Kim Dotcom.
In March 2014, Kitteridge was made a Commander of the Royal Victorian Order by the Queen at a private ceremony at Buckingham Palace. In 2017, Kitteridge won the Public Policy Award at the New Zealand Women of Influence Awards.
- "The trailblazing women who guard our security", 08 MAY 2015, ADLSI
- "We're about security not spying: SIS chief". NZ Herald. 1 November 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Ms Rebecca Kitteridge, Director New Zealand Security Intelligence Service". NZSIS. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Rebecca Kitteridge named new SIS director". New Zealand Herald. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Review of Compliance at GCSB", Rebecca Kitteridge, March 2013, GCSB.govt.nz
- "Kitteridge report 'pretty damning' - Key", April 14, 2013, NBR
- "Special award for Rebecca Kitteridge". TV3. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "My Food Bag founder Cecilia Robinson supreme winner at Women of Influence awards". Stuff. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
|This biographical article related to government in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|