This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rebecca Loos at party hosted by Emma Basden, 2006
|Born||Rebecca Loos Bartholdi
19 June 1977
|Occupation||Reality TV star, TV presenter, Glamour model|
|Television||Celebrity Love Island
Extreme Celebrity Detox
The X Factor: Battle of the Stars
Rebecca Loos (born Rebecca Loos Bartholdi; 19 June 1977) is a Spanish-born Anglo-Dutch glamour model and media personality, who came to media attention following claims that she conducted an affair with the married footballer David Beckham while employed as the Beckham's personal assistant. These allegations made her into a media personality, and she has since appeared on several reality television series, magazine covers and in other media.
Loos was born in Madrid, Spain, but has Dutch citizenship. Her father was Leonard Loos Bartholdi, a Dutch diplomat, and her mother, Elizabeth Loos, is originally from Surrey, England. Growing up, she was privately educated at Runnymede College in Madrid. After moving back to Madrid in 2002, Loos worked for an American investment bank. She is a second cousin of Piers Morgan.
When the former England football captain David Beckham moved to Real Madrid, Loos became his personal assistant during the transition period, alongside SFX agent and the former Australian international footballer Andy Bernal, who spoke Spanish fluently.
In April 2004, British tabloid newspaper News of the World published a story claiming that Loos and Beckham had an affair. Beckham never mounted a legal challenge to this story. Shortly after the newspaper coverage of her relationship with Beckham, Loos came out publicly as bisexual, saying, "I am indeed bisexual and have been ever since I was a teenager."
In 2005, to protest against America's laws on gay marriage, Loos married American fashion model Jenny Shimizu for the television programme Power Lesbian UK. It was broadcast in the United States as Power Lesbians on LOGO which profiled successful lesbians in Los Angeles. The two had a relationship for a period thereafter.
Loos moved to Norway in 2009. She is married to Sven Christjar Skaiaa.
In October 2004, she appeared on the reality television programme The Farm, a Channel 5 version of the RTE show Celebrity Farm, in the course of which she masturbated a boar to collect its semen. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals accused producers of pandering to a “morbid and sordid fascination with farm animals” while PETA and Mediawatch-uk demanded the show be taken off the air.
In 2006, she played for the England Women's football team in a Sky TV charity event. In April of the same year, Loos ran the London Marathon, and raised more than £7,000 in sponsorship for the British Red Cross, and later in May appeared in The X Factor: Battle of the Stars along with James Hewitt – in which she famously received a negative reception from judge Sharon Osbourne and the show's audience alike.
In 2007, Loos was a contestant in the new season of the Spanish version of Survivor in which she came third. In November of that year, she appeared in Sky TV's Cirque de Celebrite in which she was one of two new contestants introduced mid-way through the series.
In 2008, Loos was a guest hostess on The Podge and Rodge Show. In September, she had a part in Dutch feature film called Mijn vader is een Detective. In October she took part in the Dutch version of 71 Graden Noord filmed in Norway.
Loos has been featured on the cover of Playboy, FHM, Nuts, Zoo and other men's magazines.
Major media appearances
- 2004 – Hostess on a Dutch television with Gerard Joling
- October 2004 – Participant on The Farm.
- 2004 – Extreme Celebrity Detox for Channel 4.
- February–April 2005 (on screen) – Dream Team, a Sky football-based TV series. Recurring role of Naomi Wyatt, a Sports-Psychologist.
- Summer, 2005 – Participant on the ITV reality show Celebrity Love Island
- Autumn, 2005 – Hostess of the TV documentary Power Lesbian UK for the Logo (TV channel)
- January 2006 – Celebrity model in the Dutch edition of Playboy magazine.
- April 2006 – Participant in the Belgian/Dutch version of the reality show Temptation Island.
- April 2006 – England team member in Sky1's Celebrity World Cup Soccer Tournament (losing 2–1 vs. Brazil in the final).
- May 2006 – Contestant in The X Factor: Battle of the Stars celebrity show, singing along with James Hewitt.
- February 2007 – Appeared on New Zealand's reality TV show Treasure Island: Pirates Of The Pacific.
- May 2007 – Contestant on the Spanish version of Survivor. She came third.
- November 2007 – Contestant on Sky TV's Cirque de Celebrite. Voted out by the public after just a week.
- 8–9 December 2008 – Guest host of television's The Podge and Rodge Show.
- Official Website
- "Rebecca Loos Biography: Posh vs Very Posh". Thisislondon.co.uk. 1999-03-04. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- "Piers Morgan: My favourite moments on Planet Tabloid". The Independent. London. 5 September 2005. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- Govan, Fiona (11 February 2009). "Rebecca Loos reveals pregnancy with new man". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- "When Hello means Bi for now" The Observer, 9 May 2004.
- "Jenny Shimizu & Rebecca Loos: what's the story?" by Jane Czyzselka, Diva magazine, November 2005. Retrieved 2007-11-16.
- Whittingham, Stewart (2004-10-07). "Pig Sick". London: thesun.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-12-08.