|Education||BA, MA, PhD|
|Occupation||Islamic scholar, author
|Television||Press TV, Ahlulbayt TV|
Rebecca Masterton is a British Islamic scholar, educator, public speaker, academic, author, television presenter, and philosopher of the Shia Islam. She has written short stories and a collection of those stories has published entitled Passing Through the Dream-To the Other Side.
Masterton was born to a Christian family, being daughter of famous writer Graham Masterton; she converted to Islam in 1999. She moved to London at the age of eighteen. She attended the School of Oriental and African Studies London, and received a BA in Japanese, an MA in Comparative East Asian and African Literature and a PhD in francophone and Islamic mystical literature of West Africa.
Masterton has written combined research work for academic journals in which her attractive and striking topics are the ways of Shia Islamic mysticism including comparative literature and philosophy. She has worked in Iranian media and Broadcasting and TV channels. She previously worked at Birkbeck College where she taught Islamic mysticism. She has presented a series on religion and culture with Press TV. For Ahlulbayt TV, she interviews Islamic intellectuals and presents their views on Shi'ite Islam. Masterton is also a senior lecturer at The Islamic College London. She has also published her book of short stories Passing Through the Dream-To the Other Side. Masterton teaches online offering short courses about Shīʿī Islam (tashayyu').
- Passing Through the Dream... To the Other Side. Light Reading 2008 ISBN 978-0955934407
- Texts and Tradition: Post-Safavid Shii Thought, ed., A. Bdaiwi, Edinburgh University Press, 2012
- Chapter entitled 'A comparative exploration of the spiritual authority of the awliyā' in the Shi'ī and Sūfī traditions with reference to the works of the Dhahabī Order and Allamah Tabataba'i’.
- The Moral World of the Qur'an (2008, with Danielle Robinson)
- The Moral World of the Qur’an, French to English translation of a volume of Qur'anic ethics by M. A. Draz (300 pages).
- "Imam Khomeini Conference". Voice of Unity-Muslin Youth Magazine. 6 June 2009. Archived from the original on 4 September 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- Lecturer, Islamic College for Advanced Studies, London-Sessen II,page, 9 (PDF). Islamic Thought.com.UK. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "After the London bombings". BBC.Co.UK. 5 September 2005. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "My family were Christian in name, but not really Christian in belief". Imam Hussain.com-International Media. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Suu Kyi silence on Rohingyas Muslims hypocritical: Analyst". PressTV. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Book Review". Oxford Journal.Org_Journal of Islamic Studies. Retrieved 4 January 2013.