|Born||Rebecka Månstråle Liljeberg
13 May 1981
Nykvarn (Södertälje), Stockholms län, Sweden
|Occupation||Pediatrician, actress (1991-2002)|
|Children||Teodor (2002), Vera (2005), Kerstin (2009)|
Early life and career
Rebecka was born in the town of Turinge, Sweden to an 18-year-old Swedish mother Kristina, and a 24-year-old Finnish father, Jyrki. Her parents divorced when she was only one year old. At the age of 9, Liljeberg began her acting career when she won a role in the series Sunes jul. Between 1993 and 1997, she became involved in amateur theatre, which she continued until landing a role in the film Närkontakt later in 1997. However, it was the following year she got her breakthrough in the Lukas Moodysson film Show Me Love (Fucking Åmål) (1998). She quit high school to make the film, which ultimately won her the 1999 Guldbagge award for best actress, together with Alexandra Dahlström.
After her roles in Fucking Åmål and Sherdil, Liljeberg began an adult education course in order to graduate from high school. While studying, she also starred in the relatively successful arthouse film Bear's Kiss which was her first and only English-speaking film. In 2002, she completed the adult education course, and went on to study medicine at the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, one of the largest medical universities in Europe.
Rebecka stopped acting after her film Bear's Kiss (2002) and now works as a pediatrician. She lives in Stockholm.
- Sunes jul (1991) (series)
- Närkontakt (1997)
- Längtans blåa blomma (series) (1998)
- Show Me Love (Fucking Åmål) (1998)
- Lithivm (1998)
- Där regnbågen slutar (1999)
- Sherdil (1999)
- Skärgårdsdoktorn (2000)
- Födelsedagen (2000)
- Eva & Adam (2000)
- Bear's Kiss (2002)
- "Rebecca Liljeberg" (in Swedish). Swedish Film Institute. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- "Rebecka Liljeberg". filmbug.com/. http://www.filmbug.com/. Retrieved 29 September 2013. External link in
- "Biography for Rebecka Liljeberg". imdb.com/. http://www.imdb.com/. Retrieved 29 September 2013. External link in