Canon EOS 200D
|Lens||Interchangeable, Canon EF, EF-S Mount|
|Sensor size||22.3mm x 14.9 mm|
|Maximum resolution||Approx. 24.20 megapixels|
|Storage media||SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS Speed Class 1 compatible)|
|Focus areas||9 AF points, 1 cross type (center)|
|Exposure metering||63 zone dual-layer, Via Optical Viewfinder|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted Average|
|Flash||Built-in Pop-up Flash, external flash connector available|
|Shutter speed range||30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)|
|Viewfinder||Pentamirror, Approx. 95% Coverage|
|Image processor||DIGIC 7|
|Video recording||MP4 (Video: H.264 inter frame, Sound: Linear PCM / AAC, recording level can be manually adjusted by user). 1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame. 1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame (for more movie sizes, see "official page")|
|LCD screen||Vari angle touchscreen 7.7 cm (3.0") 3:2, approx. 1040 K RGB dots|
|Battery||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17|
|Weight||453 g (CIPA)|
The Canon EOS 200D, known as the EOS Rebel SL2 in the Americas and EOS Kiss X9 in Japan, is a 24.2-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera made by Canon. It was announced on 28 June 2017, with a suggested retail price of US$549 for the body and US$699 with the Canon EF-S 18-55m f/4-5.6 IS STM lens. The European release price is significantly higher, at €599 for the body only, the equivalent of $671 at current conversion rates (but this price may include VAT).
The model features an APS-C CMOS sensor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, DIGIC 7 image processor, ISO 100-25600 range, optical viewfinder with a 9-point AF system, 7.7 cm (3.0 inch) 1040k dot articulated touchscreen, 1080p60 video with microphone input, and built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth. It became available in July 2017, alongside Canon's parallel announcement of the 6D Mk II. It weighs 453 grams, including battery and memory card.
The Canon 200D shares a similar set of features with the Canon EOS 100D. Both models are the smallest DSLR cameras produced by Canon, described as "the smallest and lightest DSLR" and are upper entry-level DSLRs. However, the 200D has the improved Dual-pixel CMOS AF system and the improved DIGIC 7 image processor.
- 24.2 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 7 image processor
- Continuous Shooting Speed of 5 fps
- ISO sensitivity 100–25600, expandable to 51200
- 9-point AF system, with centre point AF cross type
- 3-inch touch-screen monitor
- Liveview Mode, 100% coverage
- Pop-up flash
- "Canon EOS Rebel SL2 / EOS 200D review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Canon EOS 6D Mark II and EOS 200D official: A DSLR to suit all levels - Pocket-lint". www.pocket-lint.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Canon EOS 200D Digitale Spiegelreflexkamera (24,2 Megapixel, APS-C CMOS-Sensor, WLAN mit NFC, Full-HD, 7.7 cm (3 Zoll) Display, DIGIC 7) nur Gehäuse schwarz". www.amazon.de (in German). Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Canon announces EOS 6D Mark II and EOS 200D". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Canon EOS 200D preview: The perfect mini DSLR for beginners? - Pocket-lint". www.pocket-lint.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- UK,www.canon.co.uk, Canon. "Specifications & Features - Canon UK". www.canon.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Guide to DSLRs launched in 2013 - Amateur Photographer". Amateur Photographer. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2017-06-29.