|Created by||Cris Morena (Rebelde Way)|
|Directed by||Luis Pardo
Juan Carlos Muñoz
|Opening theme||"Rebelde" (RBD)|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||440|
Canal de las Estrellas
|Original release||October 4, 2004 – June 2, 2006|
|Preceded by||Corazones al límite|
|Followed by||Código Postal|
Rebelde ("Rebel") is a Mexican telenovela (soap opera) produced by Televisa and created by Cris Morena. It is a remake of a famous Argentine series Rebelde Way adapted for the Mexican audience therefore leading to differences in characters' backgrounds. The series ran for three seasons, the final episode airing in Mexico on June 2, 2006. Rebelde was replaced in June 2006 with Televisa's new series Código Postal.
The series is set at the Elite Way School, a prestigious private boarding high school in Mexico City with a major plot line revolving around a group of students forming a pop band. Additional subplots involve the school's faculty and the students' parents. One trademark of the show is the random use of English words and phrases, often used by fresa characters.
A notable aspect of the series is that the actors playing the bandmembers are themselves in an actual band named RBD, and perform most of the music used on the show. They have been extremely successful in their own right, becoming one of the most popular acts in Latin America and touring internationally.
Rebelde began airing March 21, 2005 and ended on December 15, 2006 on Univision weekdays at 3pm/2c. The show was also transmitted in 65 other countries, including Serbia, Peru, Romania on Acasa TV, Brazil, Spain on Antena 3, Slovenia, Bulgaria and from September 2009 in Slovakia on TV Doma, in Croatia on Nova TV and in Albania on Vizion Plus.
As of January 6, 2014 Unimas was broadcasting Rebelde weekday mornings at 8am/7c replacing Mujer, Casos de la Vida Real. From February 3, 2014 – April 25, 2014 Unimas broadcast 2 hour runs of Rebelde. As of April 28, 2014, Unimas was broadcasting one hour of Rebelde and broadcast the final episode on June 30, 2015, replacing it with Laura. The show is also transmitted on Telefe International channels.
- Mia Colucci (Anahí) is a spoiled brat and the most popular girl at Elite Way school.
- Roberta Pardo (Dulce María) is a rebel girl that likes to bother Mia, who is her polar opposite.
- Miguel Arango (Alfonso Herrera) is the mysterious and nice new guy at the school that becomes Mia's love interest and enemy.
- Diego Bustamante (Christopher Uckermann) is a very rich guy at school and a womanizer. He becomes Roberta's on-and-off love interest.
- Lupita Fernández (Maite Perroni) is a shy and sweet new girl at the school that befriends with Roberta and Miguel.
- Giovanni Méndez (Christian Chávez) is a flirtatious guy and Diego's friend.
- Franco Colucci (Juan Ferrara) is Mia's rich and strict father.
- Alma Rey (Ninel Conde) is Roberta's mom that happens to be a recognized singer.
- Enrique Rocha as León Bustamante
- Zoraida Gómez as Jóse Luján Landeros/Jóse Luján Colucci Rey
- Eddy Vilard... Teodoro "Téo" Ruiz-Palacios
- Angelique Boyer... Victoria "Vico" Paz
- Patricio Borghetti... Enrique Madariaga (2004/2006)
- Lisardo Guarinos... Martin/Octavio Reverte (2005–2006)
- Karla Cossío... Pilar Gandía Rosalez
- Estefania Villarreal... Celina Ferrer Mitre
- Felipe Nájera... Director Pascual Gandia
- Leticia Perdigon... Mayra Fernández
- Michel Bernal Meral... Enrique Castellanos
- Juan Pedro... Luis Garcia
- Jack Duarte... Tomás Goycolea
- Ronald Duarte... Jack Lizaldi Heidi
- Lourdes Canale... Hilda Acosta
- María Fernanda García... Alice Salazar
- Rodrigo Nehme... Nicolás Huber (2004–2005)
- Derrick James... Santos Echagüe (2005–2006)
- Maria Fernanda Malo... Sol de la Riva (2005–2006)
- Viviana Ramos... Lola Fernández (2005–2006)
- Cláudia Schmidt...Sabrina Guzman (2005–2006)
- Allisson Lozano... Bianca Delight (2005–2006)
- Tony Dalton... Gastón Diestro (2005–2006)
- Diego González... Rocco Bezauri (2005–2006)
- Grettell Valdéz... Renata Lizaldi (2004)
- Julio Camejo... Mauro (2004)
- Eleazar Gómez... Leonardo (2005)
- Nailea Norvind... Marina Cáceres (2006)
- Jose Ron... Enzo (Boy from team Latinoamericano)
- Carlos Ferro... Boy from team Latinoamericano
- Antonio Sáinz... Isaac 'Iñaki' Urcola
- Hilary Duff
- Lenny Kravitz
- Kumbia Kings
- Luny Tunes
- Adal Ramones
- JD Natasha
- Ricardo Montaner
Anahí, Dulce Maria, Alfonso Herrera, and Christian Chávez are four of the main cast members on Rebelde and members of RBD, and all previously starred together on the telenovela called Clase 406. Felipe Colombo, who starred in the original version, Rebelde Way, previously costarred with Anahí in the Mexican telenovela Ángeles Sin Paraíso.
Awards and nominations
||Best Telenovela||Pedro Damián||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actress||Ninel Conde||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actor||Juan Ferrara||Nominated|
|Best Male Antagonist||Enrique Rocha||Nominated|
|Best Co-star Actress||Leticia Perdigón||Nominated|
|Best Co-star Actor||Rafael Inclán||Nominated|
|Best Young Lead Actress||Anahí||Nominated|
|Best Young Lead Actor||Alfonso Herrera||Nominated|
|Best Musical Theme||"Rebelde" by RBD||Won|
|Best Direction||Luis Pardo, Juan Carlos Muñoz and Felipe Nájera||Nominated|
Elite Way School Uniforms
Both girls and boys wear red sport jackets with matching ties, and long-sleeved white dress-shirts. Boys wear blue jeans and black dress-shoes with their jackets and shirts, while girls wear blue denim miniskirts and black knee-boots. Moreover, girls often untuck and tie up their white dress-shirts, exposing their midriff. (As demonstrated by Mia in the series pilot, girls also wear regulation underwear: full-cut black briefs with matching sport-bras.)
In later seasons, some girls wear a different ensemble with their white dress-shirts: ochre plaid miniskirts and brown sport jackets, with black Mary Janes and white knee-socks.
Both girls and boys wear black sport jackets with matching ties, and long-sleeved blue dress-shirts. Boys wear black dress-slacks with matching dress-shoes, while girls wear dressy black miniskirts with matching knee-boots. Girls rarely tie up their formal dress-shirts.
The show is notable for its extensive use of product placement. During the three seasons of the show, more than 220 companies had a spot during the show. The show also featured guest appearances and performances from many popular musicians, including Hilary Duff, Luny Tunes, Gorillaz, and Lenny Kravitz. There were two excursions to luxury vacation resorts in Cozumel and the Banff Springs Hotel in Canada.
|Rebelde: Primera Temporada (First Season)
|Rebelde: Segunda Temporada (Second Season)
|Rebelde: Tercera Temporada (Third Season)
|Rebelde: La Serie Completa (Whole Series)
|Country||TV Channels||Local Title|
|Mexico||Canal de las Estrellas/ Boomerang/ Tiin||Rebelde|
|Chile||Mega Tv/ Boomerang||Rebelde|
|Peru||América Tv/ Boomerang||Rebelde|
|Ecuador||Ecuavisa/Gama tv/ Boomerang||Rebelde|
|Argentina||Canal 9 / Boomerang||Rebelde|
|Ecuador||Ecuavisa/Gama tv/ Boomerang||Rebelde|
|United States||Univision March 21, 2005- December 15, 2006
UniMas January 6, 2014 – June 30, 2015 ||
|Spain||Antena 3 / Neox / Nova / La Siete / Net TV / Punto TV / Sexta / Hogar 10||Rebelde|