Rebirth of a Nation
|Rebirth of a Nation|
|Studio album by Public Enemy and Paris|
|Released||March 7, 2006|
|Genre||Hip hop, East Coast hip hop, Political hip hop|
|Label||Guerrilla Funk / Groove Attack|
|Public Enemy chronology|
Rebirth of a Nation is a studio album by American hip hop group Public Enemy featuring Paris, released on March 7, 2006. The album was mixed and mastered at Data Stream Studio in San Francisco, California.
Despite the Public Enemy branding on the album, many tracks were written and produced by Paris; the album itself was deemed a "special project" by Chuck D in order to differentiate it from other Public Enemy works. The album was released on Paris's own Guerrilla Funk label.
The album features appearances and guest spots by Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, Conscious Daughters, MC Ren, Sista Souljah, and Kam.
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
- Uncut (p. 94) - 3 stars out of 5 - "[T]he old blast furnace of focused fury still rages hard."
The album sold 5,592 units in its first week out.
- "Raw Shit" (featuring Paris and MC Ren) 4:16
- "Hard Rhymin'" (featuring Paris and Sister Souljah) 4:41
- "Rise" 4:08
- "Can't Hold Us Back" (featuring Paris, Dead Prez and Kam) 5:07
- "Hard Truth Soldiers" (featuring Paris, Dead Prez, The Conscious Daughters and MC Ren) 4:18
- "Hannibal Lecture" (Paris solo) 3:50
- "Rebirth of a Nation" (featuring Professor Griff) 3:27
- "Pump the Music, Pump the Sound" 2:28
- "Make It Hardcore" (featuring Paris) 5:16
- "They Call Me Flavor" 3:09
- "Plastic Nation" 3:03
- "Coinsequences" (featuring Paris) 4:19
- "Invisible Man" 4:29
- "Hell No We Ain't All Right! (Paris Remix)" 4:31
- "Watch the Door" 3:35
- "Field Nigga Boogie" (featuring Paris and Immortal Technique) (XLR8R Remix) 5:10