Reckless (1984 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||James Foley|
|Produced by||Scott Rudin
Edgar J. Scherick
|Written by||Chris Columbus|
|Music by||Thomas Newman|
|Edited by||Albert Magnoli|
|Distributed by||MGM/UA Entertainment|
|February 3, 1984|
Reckless is a 1984 love story shot in the Appalachian Mountains and Rust Belt of Steubenville, Ohio, Weirton, West Virginia and Mingo Junction, Ohio. Starring Daryl Hannah and Aidan Quinn. Directed by James Foley and written by Chris Columbus. Soundtrack by INXS, Romeo Void, Bob Seger and Thomas Newman. The film was rated R in the United States.
Teenage outcast Johnny Rourke (Aidan Quinn) falls for upper-class cheerleader Tracey Prescott (Daryl Hannah). A random draw at the high school 'Tin Can-Can' dance pairs the two. Worlds collide and opposites attract as the two fall in love. Living dangerously, Rourke's anti-social behavior clashes with the privileged socialite Prescott. Hopes dashed, future prospects dim and the omnipresent American Steel mill looming large in the background of this one-industry-town, Rourke comes to grips with his estranged mother and recently deceased father (Kenneth McMillan). Meanwhile, Tracey is forced to decide between her stable longtime boyfriend Randy Daniels (Adam Baldwin) and Rourke.
- Aidan Quinn - Johnny Rourke
- Daryl Hannah - Tracey Prescott
- Kenneth McMillan - John Rourke Sr.
- Cliff DeYoung - Coach Barton
- Lois Smith - Mrs. Prescott
- Adam Baldwin - Randy Daniels
- Dan Hedaya - Peter Daniels
- Billy Jayne - David Prescott
- Toni Kalem - Donna
- Jennifer Grey - Cathy Bennario
- Haviland Morris - Mary Pat Sykes
- Pamela Springsteen - Karen Sybern