|Series||Doctor Who book:
Eighth Doctor Adventures
Fitz, Anji, Trix
|Preceded by||The Domino Effect|
|Followed by||The Last Resort|
Reckless Engineering is a BBC Books original novel written by Nick Walters and based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It features the Eighth Doctor, Fitz, Anji and Trix.
Set during the 1840s, the Doctor and his companions arrive during the Industrial Revolution in England, and learn that an inventor has been ordered by an alien force to construct a machine known as the Utopia Engine, a machine that will cause the entire planet to rapidly age. Anybody below the age of puberty will survive, but those above it will age to death.
Brunel, who has unknowingly been supplying parts for this engine, unites with the Doctor to destroy the engine after learning of the post-apocalyptic future the Doctor has foreseen.
- Reckless Engineering at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Cloister Library - Reckless Engineering
- Reckless Engineering at The TARDIS Library
- Reckless Engineering title listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Reckless Engineering reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- Reckless Engineering reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|