|Single by Director|
|from the album ''We Thrive on Big Cities|
|B-side||"She's Saying Things"|
|Director singles chronology|
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Reconnect" was the debut single of Irish art rock quartet, Director. It was released on 24 April 2006, eventually dominating the Irish airwaves throughout the summer and receiving much radio play from Irish radio stations such as RTÉ 2fm and Today FM. The single charted in Ireland at number ten, spending a total of twelve weeks in the Irish Singles Chart.
- "Reconnect" — 4:31
- "She's Saying Things" — 4:34
"Reconnect" was performed at the 2007 Meteor Music Awards where Director won Best New Irish Act.
Sunday Tribune journalist Una Mullally called it an "inescapable track" which was "one of the singles of 2006". In the same publication, Neil Dunphy said: "The understated cool of this single made it the most ubiquitous homegrown song of the year: you can still hear it on every other TV link and, unlike Peter Bjorn and John's "Young Folks", it still isn't annoying".
|Irish Singles Chart||10|
- "Director - We Thrive on Big Cities". RTÉ. 2006-10-19. Retrieved 2009-05-08.
- "Music: Director * * *". Irish Independent. 2009-05-08. Retrieved 2009-05-08.
- Una Mullally (18 February 2007). "Who wins? You don't decide. . .". Sunday Tribune. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
Director's We Thrive On Big Cities also got a nod. The Malahide boys won Best New Irish Act at this year's Meteor awards following the success of their singles, including "Reconnect".
- John Meagher (11 December 2009). "The year's top 10 Irish albums". Irish Independent. Retrieved 21 April 2010.
- Una Mullally (2007-01-14). "The lowdown on what should be top". Sunday Tribune. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- Neil Dunphy and Una Mullally (2006-12-31). "2006 in song: was it music to our ears?". Sunday Tribune. Retrieved 2009-08-22.