From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Reconquest)
The Reconquista was the gradual military retaking ("reconquering") of the Iberian Peninsula from the Moors.
Reconquista may also refer to:
- Bloodless reconquest, the military restoration of colonial government in Santa Fe de Nuevo México following the Pueblo Revolt of 1680
- Reconquista (Chile), Chilean War of Independence
- Reconquista (Mexico), a movement that desires the reconquest of formerly Mexican territory lost to the United States following the Annexation of Texas, the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo and the Gadsden Purchase
- Reconquista (Santo Domingo), a colonial war between France and Spain, won by Spain
- Reconquista (Spanish America), the military restoration of colonial governments loyal to Ferdinand VII of Spain following the Peninsular War in Europe
- Reconquista de Angola, reassertion of Portuguese colonial possession following a period of Dutch control
- Reconquista da Bahia, reassertion of Portuguese (and Spanish) colonial possession following a period of Dutch control
- Reconquista, Santa Fe, a city in Argentina
- Reconquista River, a river in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Reconquista, a 2011 song from Hangry & Angry
- La Reconquista de Buenos Aires, an Argentine painting commemorating a historical event
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Reconquista.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.