From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Reconquista was the gradual military retaking ("reconquering") of the Iberian Peninsula from the Moors.
Reconquista may also refer to:
- Bloodless reconquest, the restoration of colonial government in Spanish New Mexico following the Pueblo Revolt of 1680
- Reconquista (Spanish America), restoration of Spanish colonial possession in the New World, typically control of colonial governments loyal to Ferdinand VII of Spain following the Peninsular War in Europe
- Reconquista (Chile), restoration of Spanish colonial possession of Chile during the War of Independence
- Reconquista (Colombia), restoration of Spanish colonial possession following a rebellion in what is now Colombia
- Santo Domingo / Dominican Republic:
- Reconquista (Portuguese colonies), restoration of Portuguese colonial possession (or joint Portuguese and Spanish rule) following periods of Dutch occupation
- Reconquista (Mexico), a modern irredentist movement advocating the restoration of Mexican control over territory now part of the United States
- Reconquista, Santa Fe, a city in Argentina
- Reconquista River, a river in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Reconquista, a 2011 song from Hangry & Angry
- La Reconquista de Buenos Aires, an Argentine painting commemorating a historical event
- One of two names given to the 9th crusade in the Hellsing Ultimate anime series.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Reconquista.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.