|Commenced operations||2017 (commercial)|
|Fleet size||2 commuter 7 charter|
|Parent company||Ross Aviation|
|Headquarters||Concord, MA, United States|
Rectrix Aviation was a jet charter and commuter airline service that primarily served New England, Florida and the east coast of the United States. Its commercial operations were primarily based at Nantucket Memorial Airport and Barnstable Municipal Airport in Nantucket and Hyannis, Massachusetts, respectively. Rectrix Shuttle, the commuter service, was founded when Island Airlines of Nantucket shut down. In December 2019 new parent company Ross Aviation ceased all commercial flights and began the shutdown of the charter department consolidating Rectrix to only an FBO operation.
Rectrix's charter flights were based at Sarasota, Florida, Bedford, Massachusetts, Hyannis, and Westfield, Massachusetts. Rectrix acquired its worldwide jet operating authority in 2009 with its acquisition of New World Jet Corporation.
Fixed-Base Operation Services
Rectrix currently has FBOs at the following locations. Parent company Ross Aviation announced after acquiring that despite complete integration to their network the brand would remain unchanged at current locations for the foreseeable future.
- Laurence G. Hanscom Field - Bedford, MA
- Barnstable Municipal Airport - Hyannis, MA
- Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport - Sarasota, FL
- Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport - Westfield, MA
- Worcester Regional Airport - Worcester, MA
On November 4, 2015, Rectrix Aviation purchased Five Star Jet Center at Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport and announced plans to expand its services and staff at the airport, making it the only fixed base operator or FBO at the Westfield-Barnes.
On February 8, 2016; Submitted an application to the Department of Transportation to conduct scheduled air service as a commuter carrier. The application proposed scheduled service between Hyannis, MA (KHYA) and Nantucket, MA (KACK).
On June 26, 2017, Rectrix announced commercial service dubbed the Rectrix Shuttle which connected Worcester Regional Airport and Barnstable Municipal Airport that featured one round-trip flight daily from Thursday to Monday. "It's the first major expansion of Rectrix's current Hyannis to Nantucket shuttle service," the company said.
On October 25, 2017, Rectrix introduced new non-stop scheduled weekend service between Cape Cod and New York City’s LaGuardia Airport and Westchester County Airport.  Service to Worcester was suspended in the Summer of 2019 due to low demand.
Rectrix Shuttle flew scheduled charter flights to the following destinations:
|Massachusetts||Hyannis||HYA||Barnstable Municipal Airport||HUB|
|Massachusetts||Nantucket||ACK||Nantucket Memorial Airport||Charter service only|
|Massachusetts||Worcester||ORH||Worcester Regional Airport||Service temporarily suspended|
|Massachusetts||Vineyard Haven||MVY||Martha's Vineyard Airport||Charter service only|
|New York||White Plains, New York||HPN||Westchester County Airport||Charter service only|
|New York||New York City/Queens||LGA||LaGuardia Airport||Service temporarily suspended|
The following chart shows all the aircraft owned by Rectrix Aviation that were available for charter.
|Lear 45XR||5||—||—||10||10||2,268 sm|
|Challenger 300||2||—||—||9||9||3568 sm|
The following chart shows all the aircraft Rectrix Aviation used for commuter flights.
|Beechcraft King Air 300||2||—||—||9||9|
- "Federal Aviation Administration - Airline Certificate Information - Detail View". av-info.faa.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- "About Rectrix - Rectrix". Rectrix. Retrieved March 21, 2017.
- "Rectrix Aviation buys competitor Five Star Jet Center at Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport". MassLive.com. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- "Flight service linking Worcester to Cape Cod debuts this week". MassLive.com. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- "Rectrix Aviation to Launch Non-Stop Scheduled Passenger Service Between Cape Cod and New York City". AviationPros.com. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- "Ross Aviation - Ross Acquires Rectrix Aviation". www.rossaviation.com. Retrieved 2019-10-15.
- "Commuter Flight - Rectrix". Archived from the original on 2020-06-30. Retrieved 2020-06-30.