Red Bank station
Red Bank station platforms in New Jersey
|Location||175 Monmouth Street
Red Bank, New Jersey
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 831, 832, 833, 834, and 835
Academy Bus: Shore Points
|Passengers (2012)||1,276 (average weekday) |
Red Bank Passenger Station
The Central Railroad of New Jersey depot at Red Bank.
|Location||Ridge and Monmouth Sts., Red Bank, New Jersey|
|Area||2 acres (0.8 ha)|
|NRHP Reference #||76001172|
|Added to NRHP||May 28, 1976|
|Designated NJRHP||January 7, 1976|
Red Bank is a commuter train station located in Red Bank, Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States. It is one of 20 New Jersey Transit commuter rail stations on the North Jersey Coast Line. It is located on Bridge Avenue between Monmouth and Oakland Streets, just south of the Navesink River, and consists of two high-level platforms on either side of grade crossings.
Red Bank Station was built by Central Railroad of New Jersey in 1875, and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1976. Notable visitors included Presidents Ulysses S. Grant, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and King George VI of England. The 1876 station house was renovated in 2012–2014 to its appearance when built, including historically correct material, reconstruction of "Yankee" gutters, installation of new downspouts, and replacement of historic windows, shutters and gingerbread trim. Repairs were made to roof soffits and wood framing of the structure, and to repoint the brick foundation wall and the brick chimney, and to recreate a brick "crown" atop the chimney. Exterior paint of the station matches its original color scheme.
|■ North Jersey Coast Line||toward New York or Hoboken (Middletown)|
|■ North Jersey Coast Line||toward Bay Head (Little Silver)|
- Operating Passenger Railroad Stations Thematic Resource (New Jersey)
- List of New Jersey Transit stations
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Monmouth County, New Jersey
- "North Jersey Coast Timetables" (PDF). Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. December 27, 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Monmouth County Listings
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Monmouth County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. March 1, 2011. p. 12. Retrieved April 26, 2011.
- Heumiller, Keith (April 10, 2014). "Train station work on track for midsummer completion". The Hub. Retrieved June 25, 2016.
- "NJ Transit completes restoration of Red Bank Station". Railway Track & Structures. December 17, 2014. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- Media related to Red Bank (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Red Bank Station Platform Improvement Project - UPDATE - Phase III Begins in February 2006
- Monmouth County Listings at the National Register of Historic Places
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|