Red Bend Catholic College
|Red Bend Catholic College|
Red Bend Catholic College and statue of Marcellin Champagnat
|Forbes, New South Wales
|School type||Private, secondary, co-educational, day and boarding|
|Motto||Latin: Per Angusta Ad Augusta
(Through Difficulty to Greatness)
|Denomination||Roman Catholic, Marist Brothers|
|Colour(s)||Navy & Sky Blue|
Red Bend Catholic College is a Roman Catholic secondary, day and boarding co-educational school run by the Marist Brothers located in Forbes in the Central West region of New South Wales, Australia. Established in 1926, the College has enrolled approximately 800 students from Year 7 to Year 12.
Prior to 1977, the Catholic education of students in this region was provided by three secondary schools; Our Lady of Mercy College, Forbes; Our Lady of Mercy High School, Parkes; and Marist Brothers' College, Forbes.
In February 1977, these three schools combined to form one co-educational High School, with the name of Red Bend Catholic College, at the site of the former Marist Brothers' College, on the banks of the Lachlan River. This merger brought together the teaching traditions of the Mercy Sisters and the Marist Brothers.
- Basil House: Colour: Green, Motto: "Action Not Words."
- Denis House: Colour: Red, Motto: "Second to None."
- Loyola House: Colour: Yellow, Motto: "Leading the Way with Strength and Honour."
- Xavier House: Colour: Blue, Motto: "Determination, Participation, Success."
- The Motto: Per Angusta ad Augusta
- The Colours: Sky Blue & Navy Blue
- The Cross: The Mercy Cross as worn by all Sisters of Mercy
- The M: Marist Emblem
- The Twelve Stars: Crown of Mary
- Red Bend Catholic College Website
- Marist Brothers Website
- Marist Brothers Australian Website
- Sisters of Mercy Australian Website