Red Bus Services
- For the Indian ticketing company, see RedBus.in
|Service area||Central Coast|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||95 (October 2014)|
In 1923 Messers Barham & Wells started a bus service between The Entrance and Wyong in opposition to a ferry service. In 1924 a service commenced between The Entrance and Gosford trading as The Red Bus Company - Tuggerah Lakes Motors. The business was sold in 1929 to the Sloman family and renamed The Entrance Red Bus Service. In 1946 a service between Gosford and East Springfield was purchased and renamed Gosford Bus Service.
In 1949, services from The Entrance to Wyong, The Entrance to Ourimbah and Ourimbah to Wyong were purchased. In 1952, local services in The Entrance were purchased giving The Entrance Red Bus Service control of all services operating in the area. In the early 1950s, Red Bus also operated coach services out of Newcastle, Gosford and Cooma and was the first mainland bus company to operate a coach to Tasmania. The Gosford to Kariong and Lisarow services were purchased and later sold. In December 1973, the Gosford to Matcham and Holgate service was acquired.
In June 1988, the Central Coast Airbus between Bateau Bay and Sydney Airport service commenced, ceasing in 2000. The Gosford Bus Service and The Entrance Red Bus Service names remained in use until the late 1990s when both were rebranded as Red Bus Services and all operations consolidated at the Bateau Bay depot.
As at October 2014, the fleet consisted of 92 buses and three coaches. The fleet livery was red and cream until the Transport for NSW white and blue livery was adopted in 2010. The Central Coast Airbus fleet was painted in a grey, white red and yellow scheme.
- A Brief History of the Company Red Bus Services
- New South Wales Bus Operators and Fleet Listings. Sydney: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association. 1993. p. 16.
- "Central Coast Airbus" Fleetline August 1989 page 122
- "New South Wales Deregulation" Australian Bus Panorama 5/2 September 1989 page 9
- "Red Bus Service" Australian Bus Panorama 14/4 February 1999 page 45
- Outer Metropolitan Sydney Bus Contract Regions 6 and 7 Archived 14 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine., NSW Government Transport and Infrastructure, Retrieved 8 July 2014
- Red Bus Services Australian Bus Fleet Lists