|Birth name||Jermaine Denny|
|Also known as||Arm & Hammer Man|
September 19, 1976 |
|Origin||Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA|
|Genres||East Coast hip hop, gangsta rap|
|Labels||Bad Boy, Street Family, ShakeDown, Interscope (current)
Hoo-Bangin', Capitol, Arista, Desert Storm, Konvict, Universal (former)
|Associated acts||Fabolous, Diddy, Rick Ross, Lloyd Banks, Omarion, Kay One, Jadakiss, Akon, Fat Joe, DJ Envy|
Jermaine Denny (born September 19, 1976), better known by his stage name Red Café, is an American rapper. He is signed to Fabolous' Street Family Records, Diddy's Bad Boy Records and is managed by Diddy's Ciroc Entertainment. He has also ghostwritten for many popular rappers over the years.
Red Café is a Brooklyn, NY rapper. His nickname "Red" was his father's nickname; "Red Café" is what was stamped on bags of his drug merchandise. During an interview Café stated that he was born in Guyana, South America, but he and his family moved to Brooklyn, New York at the age of 6. He is of Afro-Guyanese descent.
After his release from jail he joined the group Da Franchise, which was signed by Violator Records but was not successful and disbanded. He was signed by Arista in 2003, by Capitol (Hoo-Bangin' Records) in 2005, by Universal (Konvict Muzik) in 2006, and then Interscope (Konvict Musik) in 2007, but released no albums. His song All Night Long was included on the 2005 Coach Carter soundtrack. As an underground rapper, his work is not internationally recognized, though he has been rapping on the circuit since the late 1990s.
On March 17, 2011 Café released his retail mixtape, Above the Cloudz. On January 13, 2012 Café released his mixtape Hell's Kitchen. On December 12, 2012 Café released his mixtape American Psycho. American Psycho has featurings coming from French Montana, Chief Keef, Fabolous, Jeremih, T-Pain, Trey Songz, The Game, and 2 Chainz, with production from Young Chop, Reefa, Soundsmith Productions, and others.
On February 17, 2014 Café released his mixtape American Psycho 2. On July 29, 2014 Café released his latest single entitled "Pretty Gang" featuring frequent collaborator and close friend Fabolous. Red Cafe was uncredited for featured vocals on Rick Ross' eighth studio album, Black Market, which was released on December 4, 2015.
In 2009 Café played Primo, the freestyle battle rapper, in the 2009 Biggie Smalls biopic Notorious. In 2011 he performed at the debut television event of the Urban Wrestling Federation, though the show was never released.
He was imprisoned for four years in 1992.
- Ortiz, Edwin (2010-05-06). "Red Cafe Joins Bad Boy / Interscope Records Partnership | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Watkins, Greg (2009-04-03). "Who's the hottest in the hood? Red Café wants to know". Delaware Online. Archived from the original on 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
- Red cafe Profile, Konvict Music. Accessed 2011-10-10.
- Rawlins, Asmi (2008) "FEATURES: Red Cafe – Doin’ It Big", XXL Magazine
- Cordor, Cyril. Red Café at AllMusic, Macrovision Corporation Accessed 2011-10-10.
- "Red Café's Journey To The Majors Pt.1: Getting Shot In The Neck, Prison, His 1st Deal With Violator". Vibe. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- "Who is Red Café?". Sixshot.com. 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-10-20. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- Ivey, Michael (2007). "Red Café – A Shakedown's Upon Us". nobodysmiling.com. Archived from the original on 2007-04-22. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
- "DJ Envy & Red Café", Hip Hop Galaxy, 2007
- D'Angelo, Joe (2004) "Kanye, Fabolous, Twista Make 'Coach Carter' Soundtrack A Slam Dunk", MTV
- HipHopDX (12 December 2012). "Red Cafe "American Psycho" Mixtape Download & Stream". HipHopDX. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Red Cafe - American Psycho 2". DatPiff. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- Rose Lilah. "Red Cafe - American Psycho II". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "iTunes - Music - Pretty Gang (feat. Fabolous) - Single by Red Cafe". iTunes. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "UWF Tapes First PPV Live On June 3, 2011". 2011-05-23. Retrieved 2011-12-25.