Red Carpet, Calgary

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Red Carpet
Red Carpet is located in Calgary
Red Carpet
Red Carpet
Location of Red Carpet in Calgary
Coordinates: 51°02′26″N 113°56′22″W / 51.04056°N 113.93944°W / 51.04056; -113.93944Coordinates: 51°02′26″N 113°56′22″W / 51.04056°N 113.93944°W / 51.04056; -113.93944
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City  Calgary
Quadrant SE
Ward 10
Established 1969
 • Mayor Naheed Nenshi
 • Administrative body Calgary City Council
 • Councillor Andre Chabot
 • Total 0.5 km2 (0.2 sq mi)
Elevation 1,055 m (3,461 ft)
Population (2006)[2]
 • Total 1,765
 • Average Income $37,565
Website Red Carpet Community Association

Red Carpet is a community in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located at the eastern edge of the city, between the CN tracks, 17 Avenue SE and 68 Street SE. Elliston Park and Elliston Lake, the site of GlobalFest fireworks, are located immediately south of the community.

Condominiums in Red Carpet overlooking Elliston Park


In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Red Carpet had a population of 1,555 living in 917 dwellings, a -4.6% increase from its 2011 population of 1,630.[3] With a land area of 0.6 km2 (0.23 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,590/km2 (6,700/sq mi) in 2012.[4][3]

Residents in this community had a median household income of $37,565 in 2000, and there were 25.4% low income residents living in the neighbourhood.[5] As of 2000, 8% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 27.5% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, with the remainder (72.5%) being mobile homes, and 28.9% of the housing was used for renting.[2]

See also[edit]


  1. ^ "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013. 
  2. ^ a b City of Calgary (2006). "Red Carpet Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09. 
  3. ^ a b "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013. 
  4. ^ "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013. 
  5. ^ City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 10 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09. 

External links[edit]