Red Chillies (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Shaji Kailas|
|Produced by||M. Renjith|
|Written by||A. K. Sajan|
|Music by||M. Jayachandran
Rajaputhra Visual Media
|Distributed by||Vaishaka Release|
Red Chillies is a 2009 Indian Malayalam crime thriller film directed by Shaji Kailas and written by A. K. Sajan, starring Mohanlal in the lead role. It was produced by M. Renjith under Rajaputhra Visual Media and was distributed by Vaishaka Release. The film also stars Thilakan, Siddique, Biju Menon, and Hareesh Peradi. Red Chillies was released in India on 14 February 2009 in Valentine's Day.
O. M. R. (Mohanlal) is an affluent NRI who does oil business in Singapore. The movie begins on a new year before when the "Red Chilles", an all-girls music band with nine members, are involved in an accident. The girls flee from the place to leave their car behind. Moreover, the girls work for O. M. R. and it was his car they drove around.
O. M. R. is forced to come to India. As a mystery, several other characters come into light, including a party secretary portrayed by Thilakan and four policemen played by Siddique, Vijayaraghavan, Biju Menon and Ganesh Kumar. O. M. R., as a lawyer, saves his band of girls from the court with his brilliance. He fins out the real killer and reveals some shocking truths which he found out from the killer.
The master mind of the murder plot was none other than Superintendent of Police Stalin Mani (Biju Menon), the son of communist leader Mani Varghese (Thilakan), who was about to expose the illicit activities of his son! Stalin Mani is then arrests by his own department officials and O. M. R. adopts Stalin's mother as his and takes her to Singapore.
- Mohanlal as Oyarath Madathil "O. M. R." Ramanathan
- Thilakan as Mani Varghese
- Siddique as Vyasan I.P.S
- Biju Menon as Stalin Mani Varghese I.P.S., son of Varghese
- Hareesh Peradi as Franco Aalangadan
- Vijayaraghavan as Colonel / Headmaster
- Ganesh Kumar as Upendra Varma, Police officer
- Vijayakumar as Louie, Police officer
- Jagatheesh as Surendran
- Sukumari as Lady Mani Varghese
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Police officer in Tamil Nadu
- Sabakhan as Jennifer
- Julia Robin David as Maglin
- Ranjini Jose as Anna Bella
- Dhanya Mary Varghese as Lamna Shankar
- Mrudula Murali as Varadha Battadirippadu
- Leena Maria Paul as Roya Kareena
- Neena as Sahasra
- Krishna Priya as Vega Nambiathiri
- Ruksha as Fabi Akthar
- Samjitha as Roopa Dev
- Jagannatha Varma
- T. P. Madhavan
The film features two songs composed by M. Jayachandran:
- "Mazha Peyyanu" (Reetha, Ranjini Jose)
- "Chendeloru Vandu" (Reetha, Rasmi Vijayan, Ranjini Jose, Sayanora Philip)
The background score of Red Chillies was composed by Rajamani.