Red Garland Live!
|Red Garland Live!|
|Live album by Red Garland|
|Recorded||October 2, 1959
The Prelude Club, New York City
|Label||New Jazz NJLP 8326|
|Red Garland chronology|
Red Garland Live! is a live album by American pianist, composer and bandleader Red Garland which was recorded in 1959 and released on the New Jazz label. The album was recorded at the Prelude Club at the same concert that produced Lil' Darlin' and Red Garland at the Prelude.
The Allmusic site awarded the album 4½ stars. C. Michael Bailey from All About Jazz in reviewing the 2006 release of the complete Prelude recordings stated "There may be an argument that The Red Garland Trio at the Prelude is the last of the great Garland Trio recordings. The pianist performed and recorded sporadically until his death at 61 years old in 1984. But it is these Prelude sides illustrate Red Garland at top form in his craft".
All compositions by Red Garland except as indicated
- "Marie" (Irving Berlin) - 6:17
- "Bohemian Blues" - 9:58
- "One O'Clock Jump" (Count Basie) - 2:42
- "A Foggy Day" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) - 5:36
- "Mr. Wonderful" (Jerry Bock, George David Weiss) - 9:06
- Recorded The Prelude Club in New York City on October 2, 1959
- Red Garland discography accessed December 4, 2012
- Allmusic Review accessed December 4, 2012
- Bailey, C. M. Red Garland Trio At The Prelude: Extended Analysis, All About Jazz, February 17, 2006
|This 1950s jazz album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|