Red Garter Casino
||This article needs to be updated. (February 2011)|
|Address||1225 Wendover Boulevard|
|No. of rooms||108|
|Total gaming space||12,500|
|Owner||David A. Ensign|
Due to the recent economy, the gambling industry has had major losses. In January 2009, it was announced that the Red Garter was to be closed on March 3. However, the casino remained open and continued operations under the Holder Group.
On February 19, 2010, the Holder Hospitality Group filed for bankruptcy protection for the Red Garter Casino. The following Tuesday, February 23, 2010 the casino was sold to the owners of the Wendover Nugget casino. The primary owner is David A. Ensign who is the half-brother of Senator John Ensign.
Red Garter underwent renovations in 2010 (while remaining open) and now offers 9 single deck Royal Match Blackjack tables, 1 Double Zero Roulette, 1 Three Card Poker table, and 1 Craps table. An entire new slot floor has also been added in the past months featuring a new players card system and ticket in/out systems. The interior of the casino has had major improvements, including a new Hotel registration desk, a new Gift Shop, new restrooms, and new carpet throughout the casino.
- "SFgate article on small casinos". The San Francisco Chronicle.[dead link]
- "Red Garter Casino next to super 8 motel".
- 5, 2006.pdf "Red Garter Casino History in West Wendover" Check
|url=value (help) (PDF).
- "Red Garter Casino purchased by Holder Hospitality".
- "Red Garter Plans to close its doors".
- "Red Garter Closes article".
- "Red Garter casino announces closing".
- "Nugget owners buy Red Garter".
- "LV Sun:Ensign Family takes over Red Garter Casino".