|Privately held company|
|Products||Microsoft SQL Server and .NET Development Tools|
Number of employees
Redgate is a software company based in Cambridge, England. It develops tools for database developers and administrators and maintains community websites such as SQL Server Central and Simple Talk through its Simple Talk Publishing subsidiary. From 2007 to 2013 it featured in the Sunday Times 100 best companies to work for in the United Kingdom.
HyperBac Technologies (formerly known as Xceleon Technologies) was formed in 2005 from founding developers of SQL LiteSpeed, a backup compression utility for SQL Server which was acquired by Quest Software. On 22 March 2010, HyperBac was acquired by Redgate.
In August 2009 Redgate announced a new project called Springboard. Springboard was a startup incubator based in Cambridge, UK. For a period of three months Redgate provided living expenses and mentoring for teams to work from Redgate's offices. It was similar to Y Combinator and Techstars in that it provided a small amount of capital up front but was different in that no equity was taken.
Started in 2005, Simple Talk is an online technical journal and community hub for working Microsoft SQL Server and .NET developers, as well as systems and database administrators (The content published typically centres around Microsoft technologies, or open web technologies). The journal is sponsored by Redgate, but retains editorial independence.
In addition to publishing articles, Simple Talk publishes books focusing on various aspects of SQL Server database administration and development, as well as .NET performance optimization – most of these are available in a digital format.
More recently, the publication has been trying to appeal more to web developers with a set of curated guides to understanding ASP.NET MVC, soliciting contributions from existing authors and members of the .NET community.
- Redgate website
- Simple Talk (technical journal and community hub)
- Simple Talk: Web Developers (curated guides to ASP.NET MVC)
- SQL Server Central (SQL Server education and community website)
- All Things Oracle (technical journal)
- "Red Gate Software announce launch of new website". Telecomworldwire. 29 April 2005. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- "8th: Red Gate Software". Sunday Times. 4 February 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "39th: Red Gate Software". Sunday Times. 2 March 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "81st: Red Gate Software". Sunday Times. 1 March 2009. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- "14th: Red Gate Software". Sunday Times. 28 February 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- "21st: Red Gate Software". Sunday Times. 27 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- "29th: Red Gate Software". Sunday Times. 26 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- "17th: Red Gate Software". Sunday Times. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "Red Gate roadmap". Red Gate. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- "About Red Gate Software". Red Gate. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- Cramblitt, Bob (2008-08-20). "The Future of .NET Reflector". Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Red Gate acquires HyperBac". Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- Davidson, Neil. "The accidental incubator". Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- "Communities, Learning, and Events". Red Gate Software. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "About Us". Simple-Talk. Simple-Talk. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Books Home". Simple-Talk. Simple-Talk. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Books". Red Gate Software. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Simple Talk: Web Developers". Simple Talk. Simple Talk.