Red Giant Entertainment
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||OTCQB: REDG|
|Founder||Benny R. Powell|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Clermont, Florida|
|Distribution||Diamond Book Distributors|
|Key people||Benny R. Powell (CEO)
David Campiti (COO)
Isen Robbins (CIPO)
Aimee Schoof (CBDO)
Chris Crosby (CTO)
Mark Fischbach Board member
|Publication types||Comic books|
Red Giant Entertainment, Inc. is a Florida-headquartered comic book publisher and "transmedia" entertainment company first established in 2010. As a transmedia company, Red Giant develops intellectual properties into various ancillary media forms including: movies, television, video games, phone apps, online comics, toy lines, cartoons, T-shirts, and other merchandising opportunities. Red Giant was founded Benny R. Powell, who also served as the head marketing writer for Priceline.com in the company's early days. David Campiti, director and COO, also is CEO of Glass House Graphics. Isen Robbins (CIPO) and Aimee Schoof (CBDO) are both from Intrinsic Value Films and Red Giant Media. Chris Crosby is CTO and the CEO of Keenspot Entertainment. Internet personality Mark "Markiplier" Fischbach joined the board in November 2014.
Webcomics and digital comics
Red Giant publishes a variety of webcomics with strategic partner Keenspot, including Wayward Sons: Legends, Exposure], Jade Warriors, Buzzboy, Medusa's Daughter, Katrina, and Porcelain. These comics are then collected as digital collections on ComiXology.[non-primary source needed]
Red Giant's Giant-Size Comics is a print comic book line of free, ad-supported anthology titles set to debut on May 3, 2014 as part of Free Comic Book Day before their full weekly launch in July 2014.
The four free Giant-Size titles include Giant-Size Action (Wayward Sons / Tesla), Giant-Size Adventure (Magika / The First Daughter), Giant-Size Fantasy (Duel Identity / Pandora's Blog), and Giant-Size Thrills (Shadow Children / Darchon).
In August 2013 it was announced[non-primary source needed] that Mort Castle will be scripting the Red Giant Entertainment comic book Darchon, an ongoing feature of their Giant-Size Comics line of free print comic book titles set to debut on May 3, 2014, as part of Free Comic Book Day. Darchon is scheduled to appear monthly in Giant-Size Thrills, the companies horror title.
On June 19, 2015, Red Giant announced it released a new GSL #1 comic for download with online advertising featuring Markiplier. This comic was scheduled to be available in print form free at the 2015 San Diego Comic Con International [non-primary source needed]
Collections and Novels
- The Cartoon Art of Mike Deodato, Jr. (Dec 2013)
- Mike Deodato's Jade Warriors (Spring 2014)
- Mike Deodato's Comics & Stories (Summer 2014) [non-primary source needed]
- Mike Deodato Jr's Sketchbook (2014)
- Banzai Girl Volume 1 Dreams Betrayed (November 2014)
- Buzzboy: Sidekicks Rule! Paperback (January 3, 2012)
- Drow Tales Volume 1: Moonless Age TP Paperback (July 3, 2012)
- Exposure Volume 1 (January 21, 2014)
- Exposure Volume 2 Blind Faith (November 2014)
- Medusa's Daughter Graphic Novel HC (2012)
- Medusa's Daughter Graphic Novel Library HC (February 17, 2015)
- Roboy Red Graphic Novel Comic (2012)
- Wayward Sons Volume 1 (Wayward Sons: Legends) (December 2011)
- Wayward Sons Volume 2 (Wayward Sons: Legends) (February 2014)
- Wayward Sons Volume 3 (April 2014)
- Wayward Sons Volume 4 (October 2014)
The following Red Giant Media film projects are in various stages of development, production or release.
- Niko: The Journey To Magika (status: released; Released on Hulu 12/12/2014 View Movie)[non-primary source needed] [non-primary source needed]
- Katrina (status: In production)
- Last Blood (status: now casting with director Simon Hunter attached)
- Omphalos (2014) (status: post-production) 
- Shockwave, Darkside (status: RELEASED; UK Premiere: August 21, 2014  )
- Supernovas (status: development announced)[non-primary source needed]
- Wayard Sons (status: in development)
- Wayward Sons: Legends (status: in development with producer Dan Lin)
The following Red Giant television projects are in various stages of development and production.
Video Games and Apps
- Incorporated June 27, 2005 under the name Castmor Resources, Ltd.
- Red Giant Entertainment, Inc. established in Clermont, Florida, in 2010.
- Acquired Red Giant Entertainment, Inc., a Florida corporation (“RGE”), on June 11, 2012.
- On June 26, 2012, Castmor Resources changed name to Red Giant Entertainment, Inc.
- On March 4, 2013, Red Giant acquired ComicGenesis, LLC (“ComicGenesis”), a Nevada limited liability company that operates a user-generated comic site that hosts over 10,000 independent webcomics.
Strategic partners include:
Japan Needs Heroes, the company's Kickstarter crowd-funded anthology project designed to benefit "victims of Japan's tragedies", was fully funded in May 2011, and Japan Needs Heroes II, the company's second such project was fully funded in 2013. Neither had been delivered as of January 2014. The company said both projects had gone to the printer as of December 30, 2014 and that digital downloads would be sent to the Kickstarter backers in January 2015. As of at least February 2015, printed hardcover and paperback books had not been mailed to Kickstarter backers. At San Diego Comic-Con International in 2015, Stan Lee and Red Giant's David Campiti showed the printed copies of Japan Needs Heroes.
- Our Publishers
- "Red Giant Entertainment - About".
- "LinkedIn Profile: Benny R. Powell". LinkedIn.com.
- "Meet Red Giant's 5 Key Players". BizJournal.
- "Mark 'Markiplier' Fischbach Joins Red Giant Entertainment's Board of Directors: YouTube Superstar Brings Extraordinary New Media Expertise To Board". CNN Money.
- "Keenspot.com Homepage".
- "Red Giant's 'SUPERNOVAS' Explodes Onto comiXology". Marketwired. April 7, 2013.
- "Red Giant To Join In Free Comic Book Day".
- "They Might Be Red Giants". Orlando Business Journal. April 5, 2013.
- "Award-Winning Horror Writer Mort Castle Signs on for New Red Giant Comic 'Darchon'". Marketwired. August 19, 2013.
- "Red Giant To Join In Free Comic Book Day".
- "Comics Veteran Brian Augustyn Joins Red Giant Entertainment". The Wall Street Journal. November 19, 2013.
- "Transmedia Legend Larry Hama Takes Red Giant to MONSTER ISLE". MarketWired. August 26, 2014.
- "Brian Augustyn Gets AMPED for Red Giant Entertainment". MarketWired. August 27, 2014.
- "Red Giant Entertainment Gives Fans Early Online Access to GIANT-SIZE #1 Comic With Interactive Ads". Global Newswire. June 19, 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Red Giant Entertainment's GIANT-SIZE #0 Comics Now Available Due to Popular Demand". Global Newswire. June 24, 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Red Giant Entertainment Signs Multi-Channel, International Distribution Deal with Diamond". DiamondComics.com. November 27, 2013.
- "Red Giant to Release New Original Projects From Superstar Comic Artist Mike Deodato" (Press release). MarketWired. September 5, 2013.
- "BN Search". Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "Red Giant Entertainment Wraps "Magika" Post-Production". Marketwired. March 6, 2013.
- "Niko: Journey to Magika". IMDb. January 19, 2014.
- "Red Giant Animated Movie NIKO: JOURNEY TO MAGIKA To Premiere On Hulu". Press Release. November 28, 2014. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Benderspink to adapt ‘Last Blood’". Variety. April 1, 2008.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (July 28, 2008). "'Blood' work for 'Family Guy' scribe". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Simon Hunter Helms Vampiric ‘Last Blood’". Deadline Hollywood. July 22, 2011.
- "Comic-Con: ‘Last Blood’ Movie Secures Co-Financing". Deadline Hollywood. July 14, 2012.
- "Omphalos (2014) - IMDb". IMDb. February 16, 2014.
- "Red Giant Entertainment - SHOCKWAVE DARKSIDE Feature Film". RedGiant. February 20, 2014.
- "Shockwave Darkside (2014) - IMDb". IMDb. February 21, 2014.
- Barraclough, Leo (June 27, 2014). "London FrightFest Unveils Biggest Ever Line-up - Variety". Variety. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Red Giant Entertainment Taps SUPERNOVAS". Marketwired. March 7, 2013.
- "Web Comic 'Wayward Sons' Getting Big-Screen Adaptation". The Hollywood Reporter. April 10, 2013.
- "Producer Kevin VanHook to Develop Red Giant's EXPOSURE Franchise for Television". Marketwired. July 30, 2013.
- "‘I, Robot’ effects supervisor to produce Red Giant’s ‘Exposure’ as TV show". Bizjournals. July 30, 2013.
- "BANDAI NAMCO Announces Outcast Odyssey as a Part of San Diego Comic Con Mobile Games Lineup!". Wall Street Journal. July 23, 2014.
- REDG Shareholder Report & Comic Con wrap-up. Youtube. July 31, 2014.
- "Red Giant Entertainment 10K Filing". SEC. February 20, 2014.
- "BANDAI NAMCO Announces Outcast Odyssey as a Part of San Diego Comic Con Mobile Games Lineup!". Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on August 8, 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "JAPAN NEEDS HEROES stalled Kickstarter project, a timeline". YouTube. January 2, 2014.
- "Red Giant Entertainment Fans and Investors Group". Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Japan Needs Heroes - Digital Download". Red Giant Entertainment, Online Store. January 16, 2015.
- "Red Giant Entertainment Needs Heroes". Rich Johnston, BleedingCool.com. February 11, 2015.
- "Foreword writer Stan "The Man" Lee and Dazzlin' Dave Campiti celebrate the release of Red Giant's benefit book JAPAN NEEDS HEROES!". Red Giant Entertainment, Facebook. July 12, 2015.