Red Hawk cheese
Red Hawk is an American triple-crème, aged, cow's milk cheese with a brine-washed rind created by the Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes Station, California (founded in 1994). The brine wash encourages the development of the red-orange rind indicated in the name. The Cowgirl Creamery makes its cheeses with organic milk from the neighboring Straus Family Creamery. It was awarded "Best in Show" at the 20th annual conference of the American Cheese Society in 2003.
- "Cowgirl creamery takes best of show at ACS conference - Inside the News". Dairy Foods. BNP Media. October 2003. Retrieved 2008-01-14.[dead link]
- "cowgirl-creamery-s-got-tips". www.npr.org. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "library-of-cheese/red-hawk". www.cowgirlcreamery.com. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "COWGIRL CREAMERY - Trademark & Brand Information of Tomales Bay Foods Corp.". Trademarkia.com. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "RED HAWK - Trademark & Brand Information of Tomales Bay Foods Corp.". Trademarkia.com. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
|This cheese-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|