Red herring (disambiguation)
(Redirected from Red Herring)
|Look up red herring in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A red herring is a figurative expression referring to a logical fallacy in which a clue or piece of information is or is intended to be misleading, or distracting from the actual question.
Red herring may also refer to:
- Red herring (fish), a type of kipper made from dried, smoked, and salted fish
Art, entertainment, and media
- Red Herring (magazine), a former magazine focused on new technology businesses; now a website devoted to same
- Red Herring, a character in the cartoon series A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- Red Herring, a 2012 film starring Holly Valance
- Red Herring (play), a 2000 play by Michael Hollinger
- "Red Herring", a trance single by the band Union Jack
- Red Herring Artists, an artist's collective based in Brighton, England
- Red herring prospectus, a preliminary financial prospectus offering a new stock (in red type)
- Red Herring Surf, a brand of surfwear in Tasmania, Australia
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Red herring.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.