Red Hook Container Terminal
The Red Hook Marine Terminal is an intermodal freight transport facility that includes a container terminal located on the Upper New York Bay in the Port of New York and New Jersey. The maritime facility in Red Hook section of Brooklyn, New York handles container ships and bulk cargo. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) bought the piers in the 1950s when there was still much break bulk cargo activity in the port. The container terminal was built in the 1980’s,
There are six active container cranes along 2,080 feet berth, 3,140 feet of breakbulk berth space, two major bulk-handling yards, and approximately 400,000 square feet of warehouse. In October 2011 the PANYNJ took over operations at the site. In 2011, the terminal handled 110,000 containers. Red Hook Container Terminal LLC operates the terminal on the Port Authority's behalf. Nearly all labor on the terminal is supplied by Local 1814 of the International Longshoremans Association union.
- Brooklyn Cruise Terminal
- Howland Hook Marine Terminal
- Port Jersey Marine Terminal
- Port Newark-Elizabeth Marine Terminal
- South Brooklyn Marine Terminal
- Geography of New York-New Jersey Harbor Estuary
- "City Purchases New Container Cranes for Brooklyn's Red Hook Container Terminal" (Press release). New York City Office of the Mayor. May 3, 2000. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Red Hook Container Terminal". American Stevedoring Inc. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- Fiala, George (January 21, 2015). "Are the Red Hook cranes headed to Sunset Park? by George". Red Hook Star Revue. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- "Red Hook Container Terminal". Seaports Publications Group. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- Leach, Peter T. (October 27, 2011). "NY-NJ Port Authority Buys Out Terminal Lease". The Journal of Commerce. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- Buiso, Gary (October 22, 2011). "Upgrade due on the waterfront". New York Post. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- Haughney, Christine (2012-04-05). "Deal Preserves Red Hook Port's Customs Inspections". The New York Times.
- Port Authority site on Howland Hook
- USGS topographic map
- New York Container Terminal, Inc.
- Red Hook Container Terminal LLC