Red Horse Beer
|Type||Extra-strong beer (Filipino lager)|
|Manufacturer||San Miguel Brewery|
(a subsidiary of San Miguel Corporation)
|Country of origin||Philippines|
International (export only)
|Alcohol by volume||8%|
|Variants||330ml bottle,640ml bottle 330ml can 500ml can 13.2 keg|
Red Horse, the first extra-strong beer brand in the Philippines, is the high-alcohol beer brand of San Miguel Brewery, it is a deeply hued lager with distinctive sweetish taste balanced by a smooth bitterness that leads in a strong alcohol kick.
It was once introduced in response to Asia Brewery. Red Horse comes is various sizes, including the flagship 500 (500ml, regular), the discontinued Colt (250ml), the smaller Stallion (330ml), in Litro (1000ml), and in cans (330ml).
There are bottles prior to 2000 that have the first and the previous logo of Red Horse Beer shows the horse with a smile. Another distinct mark of these old, rare bottles has the separate heels on the horseshoe, the word "Red Horse" in a stenciled font, and in the back information all printed in red instead of yellow. The information on the back may vary in very old, rare bottles with the previous packaging. These bottles are nicknamed "The Laughing/Happy Horse".
They exist, rarely on crates of the regular 500, Stallion and in some cases, in Litro. These "Laughing/Happy Horse" bottles exist because they recycle old bottles, with the previous packaging, which costs less than producing new bottles.
Awards and prizes
|2014||Gold Medal||Australian International Beer Awards|
|2015||Trophy for Best International Lager|
|2016||Silver Medal "Highly Recommended" 86pts||Beverage Tastings Institute|
USA, Costa Rica, Guam, Hong Kong, Japan, Angola, Australia, Bahrai, Canada, China, Israel, Malaysia, Oman, Palau, Philippines, Pohnpei, Qatar, Rwanada, Singapore, Solomon Islnads, Sri Lanks, Sudan, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, UAE, Ukraine, Vietnam and Zambia
Red Horse Muziklaban
Red Horse Muziklaban is an annual rock band competition in the Philippines since 1999. It features young unsigned bands who compete for the grand prize of Php 1,000,000 and a recording contract. It is sponsored by the San Miguel Brewery to promote its Red Horse Beer.
- "Red Horse Malt Liquor". BeerAdvocate. Retrieved June 17, 2012.
- "San Miguel Brewery Brands". San Miguel Brewery. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- "Red Horse Beer wins gold at international beer awards". The Philippine Star. August 13, 2014. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "Winning Beer". Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Institute, Beverage Testing. "San Miguel Brewery Red Horse Philippines Beer Review | Tastings". www.tastings.com. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "Red Horse Beer | San Miguel Brewing International". www.sanmiguelbrewery.com. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Matilla, Dexter Rodrigo (1 February 2013). "Red Horse Muziklaban Grand Finals will be a rockin' rollin' good time". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|