Red Light Company
|Red Light Company|
Richard Frenneaux at the Reading Festival in 2008.
|Origin||London, United Kingdom|
|Members||Richard Frenneaux (vocals, guitar)
Paul Mellon (guitar)
Chris Edmonds (keyboards, vocals)
James Griffiths (drums)
|Past members||Shawn Day (bass, vocals)|
Red Light Company were a five-piece alternative rock band based in London, England. The band was formed in 2007 by members Richard Frenneaux (vocals/guitar), Shawn Day (bass), James Griffiths (drums), Paul Mellon (guitar) and Chris Edmonds (keyboards). They came together following an advert Richard posted on the internet, to which Shawn quickly responded, and moved from his home in Wyoming, United States to London in order to pursue making music with the rest of the group.
The band toured with Editors in early 2008, before releasing their debut single "With Lights Out," about a childhood friend of Frenneaux's who committed suicide. Their second single "Meccano" was released on 11 August 2008, followed by their third single "Scheme Eugene" on 3 November 2008.
Red Light Company have been named as one of the hottest new bands of 2009 by both NME and HMV. Their debut album Fine Fascination was released on 2 March 2009, along with their fourth single "Arts & Crafts" on the same day.
On 16 June 2009 the band's myspace blog posted that Shawn Day (bass, vocals) had left the band to pursue other projects, they also wrote they would be re-releasing "Meccano" on 3 August 2009, almost a whole year since the previous version, with the public assumption of a slightly different sound without Day's bass and vocal parts.
Red Light Company played their final show at V Festival 2009, they have since announced that the band is no longer together.
Richard Frenneaux has now started a new band, Anothers Blood, with a scheduled release for their first single, "Lost Communication" on October 3, 2011.
- Fine Fascination No. 13 UK
|Song||Date||UK Singles Chart||Album|
|"With Lights Out"||26 May 2008||-||Fine Fascination|
|"Meccano"||11 August 2008||-|
|"Scheme Eugene"||3 November 2008||#69|
|"Arts & Crafts"||2 March 2009||#53|
|"Meccano"||17 August 2009||-|
- Cochrane, Greg (2009-03-03). "Red Light Company's frayed roots". BBC. Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- Track of The Day: Red Light CompanyQ Magazine, April 17, 2008
- New Band of The Day: Red Light CompanyThe Guardian, August 06, 2008
- "With Lights Out". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- Hottest New Bands of 2009NME Online, December 03, 2008
- HMV Releases Top 10 Tips for 2009Daily Mirror Online, January 01, 2009
- RLC Myspace BlogMySpace Blog, June, 16th 2009
- Myspace Blog, July, 2nd 2011
- The Wild Honey Pie, September, 2nd 2011
- Red Light Company's official website
- Red Light Company on Columbia Records
- Red Light Company's official MySpace page
- Red Light Company on Discogs
- Interview with the band on Scene Magazine's website