This article needs to be updated. The reason given is: No substantive info appears to have been added or updated since 2012..(July 2019)
|Founder||Daniel J. Kim|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, US|
|John Antioco, Chairman|
|Parent||BRIX Holdings, LLC|
Red Mango FC, LLC is an American frozen yogurt and smoothie brand known for its all-natural frozen yogurt, fresh fruit smoothies, yogurt parfaits, and fresh juices. There are now more than 50 locations in over 15 states in the United States and 40 in Mexico and Central America. In 2011, Red Mango was named the No. 1 Zagat Rated chain in America for smoothies and frozen yogurt.
According to the company website, Red Mango gets its name because “the mango, distinctly delicious and high in nutrition, becomes red at its optimal stage of ripeness.”
The first store was opened in 2007 in Los Angeles near UCLA. After opening their first store in California, Red Mango opened stores in Nevada, Utah, Washington, and New York. One year after the first store opened in Los Angeles, Red Mango opened 30 new stores. In 2008, Taco Bell executive John Antioco stepped down and became an adviser for Red Mango, this helped the brand grow to 20 stores by April 2008. By the end of 2009, Red Mango had 60 stores in operation.
In the summer of 2010, Red Mango added 22 varieties of smoothies to their menu. By the end of 2010, Red Mango awarded agreements for 147 locations and opened 62 new stores, bringing the total number of locations to 100. They were named #4 on Restaurant Business Magazine's “Future 50” list of the fastest-growing chains in 2010.
In May 2012, the Dallas-based company entered into an agreement with Mexican theater chain Cinemex to introduce Red Mango products to Mexico.
Red Mango uses all-natural, nonfat & lowfat kosher frozen yogurt fortified with probiotics. They were the first frozen yogurt store to be certified by the National Yogurt Association with the Live & Active Cultures seal, indicating the use of real yogurt. As of July 2008, the company's lineup of frozen yogurt flavors consisted of Original, Pomegranate, Madagascar Vanilla, and a rotating variety of seasonal or specialty flavors. These include Green Tea, Mango, Banana, Nutty Potion, and Peanut Butter.
Red Mango’s frozen yogurt is topped with fruits (such as blueberries, mango, pineapple, and strawberries) and/or “fun and crunchy” items (such as almonds, graham cracker, organic granola, and mochi).
The company's investors and advisors include John Antioco (former CEO and Chairman of Blockbuster Inc.), Taco Bell, and Circle K Convenience Stores. The company, which currently has offices in Dallas, Texas and New York, New York, raised $12 million in private equity financing in August 2008 and moved its headquarters from Sherman Oaks, CA to Dallas in early May 2009.
- "Fast Food Survey – Zagat". Zagat. Archived from the original on July 7, 2009. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- "Red Mango Inspires Future Entrepreneurs". Washington Square News. November 21, 2010. Archived from the original on January 26, 2011.
- Krantz, Matt (December 30, 2007). "Red Mango USA dishes up healthier frozen yogurt". USA Today.
- "Company Introduction". Red Mango.
- "Red Mango Franchise Cost & Opportunities 2020 | Franchise Help". www.franchisehelp.com. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- "Red Mango Timeline" (PDF). redmangofranchising.com.
- "YoCream partners with Red Mango". Entrepreneur Magazine. September 20, 2007.
- Moskin, Julia (February 27, 2008). "The Legions of Frozen Yogurt Push East". The New York Times.
- Robinson-Jacobs, Karen (May 9, 2009). "Veteran Exec Antico, Upstart Yogurt Chain Red Mango Aim for National Foothold". The Dallas Morning News. Archived from the original on 2010-01-27.
- "Red Mango". QSR magazine. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- Ruggless, Ron (June 15, 2010). "Red Mango to Add Smoothies to Menu". Nation’s Restaurant News. Archived from the original on 2010-06-21.
- "Red Mango Celebrates Record Growth for 2010". PR Newswire. January 6, 2011.
- "The Future 50". Monkey Dish. 2010.
- Melnick, Jordan (October 2010). "Red Mango University". QSR Magazine. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- Winzelberg, David (August 6, 2010). "Red Mango Frozen Yogurt chain expanding on Long Island". Long Island Business News.
- "All Natural Frozen Yogurt". RedMango.com.
- Balla, Lesley (August 23, 2007). "Eat This Pinkberry: Red Mango Certified As Real Yogurt". Eater.
- Skillings, Pamela. (July 31, 2008). "Red Mango Frozen Yogurt in New York City". About.com.
- "Red Mango Menu". RedMango.com.
- "Red Mango moves HQ to Dallas". Dallas Business Journal. May 8, 2009.