|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Sammy Hagar|
|Released||March 23, 1999|
|Producer||Sammy Hagar & Jesse Harms|
|Sammy Hagar chronology|
Red Voodoo is a Sammy Hagar and The Waboritas album. When Hagar finished touring in support of his Marching To Mars album, he recorded this record. Red Voodoo is really an extension of the party atmosphere that permeated Hagar's concerts on that tour and this album has that whimsical party vibe. "Mas Tequila" was the lead single and it almost served as a commercial for Hagar's other career endeavor, as his Cabo Wabo tequila was being distributed throughout the United States. The cover of this album even features a glass of Waborita that Hagar spent a portion of his concerts creating on stage during his last tour.
- "Mas Tequila" incorporates portions of the song "Rock and Roll (Part 2)" by Gary Glitter and also makes reference to the songs "Macarena" and "Funky Cold Medina".
- "The Love" is reworked from a song that was written and performed by HSAS in 1984. That song was called "Since You Came" and was not released on the Through The Fire album but did appear on the MTV concert that the band performed. Hagar later played the song as a solo acoustic piece on a couple of dates on Van Halen's For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour.
- "Don't Fight It (Feel It)" was performed live by another of Hagar's bands, Los Tres Gusanos, before it was released on Red Voodoo.
- "Mas Tequila" (Gary Glitter/Sammy Hagar/Mike Leander) – 4:11
- "Shag" (Sammy Hagar/Jesse Harms) – 3:34
- "Sympathy for the Human" (Sammy Hagar) – 4:47
- "Red Voodoo" (Sammy Hagar) – 3:48
- "Lay Your Hand on Me" (Sammy Hagar) – 4:10
- "High and Dry Again" (Sammy Hagar) – 5:35
- "The Revival" (Sammy Hagar/Jesse Harms) – 3:38
- "Don't Fight It (Feel It)" (Wilson Pickett) – 3:12
- "The Love" (Larry Dvoskin/Sammy Hagar/Neal Schon) – 4:07
- "Right on Right" (Sammy Hagar) – 5:22
- "Returning of the Wish" (Larry Dvoskin/Sammy Hagar/Jesse Harms) – 5:53
- Sammy Hagar: lead vocals and guitar
- Victor Johnson: guitar
- Jesse Harms: keyboards
- Mona Gnader: bass guitar
- David Lauser: drums
- Roy Rogers: "Bad ass Slide guitar on 'Don't Fight It (Feel It)'"
- Tower of Power: horns on "'Don't Fight It (Feel It)"
Live In Cabo
Red Voodoo was sold with a bonus disc at Best Buy retail stores. The mini-CD was recorded at the band's first performance together by the SFX Radio Network. The performance was from the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Los Cabos, Mexico, on May 17, 1997.
- "Red" (John Carter/Sammy Hagar) – 4:52
- "Heavy Metal" (Sammy Hagar/Jim Peterik) – 4:25
- "Right Now" (Michael Anthony/Sammy Hagar/Alex Van Halen/Edward Van Halen) – 4:39
- "Mas Tequila" b/w "Little White Lie" US (MCA TRKS7 55574)
- "Mas Tequila (Radio Edit)" b/w "Little White Lie (Album Version)" US (MCA TRK5P 4304)
- "Mas Tequila (Radio Edit)" b/w "Shag" Europe (MCA 155 582-2)
- "Mas Tequila" b/w "Shag (Miami mix)" b/w "The Revival (Miami mix)" US (MCA)
- "Shag (Version One)" b/w "Shag (Version Two)" US (MCA TRK5P-4367)
- "Right On Right (Radio Edit)" US (MCA TRK5P-4407) TRK5P-4367
MCA Records (US) : TRKD 118727
MCA Records (Japan) : MVCE 24135 (includes the "Right Now" track from the Live in Cabo disc.)
MCA Records (Taiwan) : TRKD 11872