From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Red snapper (fish))
For other uses, see Red Snapper (disambiguation).
Red snapper is a common name of fishes.
In usage, it may refer to:
- Several species from the genus Lutjanus:
- Lutjanus campechanus, Northern red snapper, commonly referred to as red snapper in the Gulf of Mexico and western Atlantic Ocean
- Lutjanus purpureus, Southern red snapper, is one of several Lutjanus species called red snapper (or by the Spanish name huachinango) in the Caribbean
- Red snappers from Southeast Asian waters may be Lutjanus species
- Several species from the genus Sebastes:
- Several species from the genus Centroberyx:
- Etelis coruscans, long tail red snapper, commonly referred to as red snapper in Hawaii
- Pagrus major, referred to as red snapper in English in contexts concerning Japanese regional cuisine
- Tilapia are often marketed as "red snapper" in sushi restaurants in the United States
|This page is an index of articles on animal species (or higher taxonomic groups) with the same common name (vernacular name). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to edit the linking article so that it links directly to the intended article.|