Lapangan Terbang Redang
|Owner||Government of Malaysia|
|Operator||Malaysia Airports Snd. Bhd.|
|Location||Redang Island, Terengganu, Malaysia|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+08:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||10 ft / 3 m|
Redang Airport (IATA: RDN, ICAO: WMPR) is an airport on Redang Island, Kuala Nerus District, Terengganu, Malaysia. The airport was briefly closed in 2009 for runway expansion, reopening on April 16, 2009.
The runway lies along the base of a long ridge immediately to the west. Another ridge runs parallel 1 kilometre (0.6 mi) to the east. South approach and departure are over the water.
The Kuala Terengganu VOR-DME (Ident: VKT) is located on the mainland 23.5 nautical miles (43.5 km) south-southeast of the airport. The Gong Kedak VORTAC (Ident: VGK) is located 31.6 nautical miles (58.5 km) west of Redang Airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Berjaya Air||Charter: Kuala Lumpur-Subang|
Traffic and statistics
|1||Selangor, Subang (SZB)||5|
- AIP Malaysia: WMPR - Pulau Redang at Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia
- Airport information for Redang Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Redang Airport". Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Kuala Terengganu VOR". Our Airports. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- Gong Kedak VORTAC
- "MAHB Annual Report 2012" (PDF). MAHB. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- OpenStreetMap - Pulau Redang
- SkyVector - Pulau Redang Airport
- Short Take-Off and Landing Airports (STOL) at Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
- Accident history for Redang Airport at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about a Malaysian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|