City of Ipswich, Queensland
|Location||29 km (18 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||City of Ipswich|
Redbank is a suburb of the City of Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. It is approximately 25 kilometres (16 mi) south-west of Brisbane CBD, the capital of Queensland. At the 2011 Australian Census the suburb recorded a population of 1,605.
Redbank railway station provides access to regular Queensland Rail City network services to Brisbane CBD, Ipswich and Rosewood. The Redbank train station has a Queensland Police Service Rail Squad stationed on platform 2. Near the ticket office.
The Redbank Railway Workshops has been operating in the suburb since 1958.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Redbank (Ipswich City) (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Redbank - suburb (entry 48316)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- The Redbank - Bundamba Loop Line Kerr, J.D. Australian Railway Historical Society Bulletin June 1968 pp129-147
- "Redbank State School". redbankss.eq.edu.au. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Redbank Plaza Library | Ipswich Libraries". www.library.ipswich.qld.gov.au. Ipswich City Council. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Redbank, Queensland.|
|This Ipswich, Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|