|Origin||Los Angeles, USA|
|Genres||Progressive metal, power metal|
|Labels||Sensory, InsideOut, Metal Blade Records|
Nicolas van Dyk
|Past members||Greg Hosharian
Redemption is composed of former and current members of Fates Warning and Prymary. Early incarnations of the group featured members of Symphony X and Steel Prophet. Led by guitarist Nick van Dyk, the band originally featured Rick Mythiasin on vocals, Bernie Versailles of Agent Steel on guitar, and Jason Rullo on drums, with Michael Romeo providing symphonic arrangements. Mythiasin left in 2003, and Corey Brown of Magnitude 9 stepped in and performed live with the band, but Ray Alder of Fates Warning, who had sung on one track on Redemption's self-titled debut, agreed to join as Redemption's full-time vocalist, beginning with 2005's The Fullness of Time.
The band accompanied the progressive metal band Dream Theater on their U.S. Systematic Chaos Tour, supporting their 2007 release The Origins of Ruin. In March 2009 a live DVD/CD, entitled Frozen in the Moment, was released. The band's fourth full-length album, Snowfall on Judgment Day, was released at the end of September 2009 in Europe and on October 6 in North America.
In November 2008, Nick van Dyk was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a particularly bad form of blood cancer which is generally considered incurable.
September 16, 2014, Redemption released their second live CD/DVD entitled Live From the Pit.
On the morning of October 5, 2014; Bernie Versailles suffered an aneurysm and was rushed to the emergency room.
- Ray Alder − vocals
- Nick van Dyk − lead and rhythm guitars, keyboards
- Bernie Versailles − lead guitar
- Sean Andrews − bass guitar
- Greg Hosharian − keyboards
- Chris Quirarte − drums
- Rick Mythiasin − vocals (on self-titled album)
- Jason Rullo − drums (on self-titled album)
- Mark Zonder − drums (on one track on self-titled album)
- James Sherwood − bass (on The Fullness of Time)
- Corey Brown − vocals (performed live only)
- Sean Entrikin - live guitar for several dates on Dream Theater Tour 2007 (opening band)
- Michael Romeo - Orchestration on "Redemption"
- James LaBrie - Vocals on "Another Day Dies" on Snowfall on Judgment Day
- Anna Kristina - Vocals on "Precious Things" on This Mortal Coil
- Redemption (2003, Sensory Records)
- The Fullness of Time (2005, Sensory Records)
- The Origins of Ruin (2007, InsideOut Music)
- Frozen in the Moment - Live in Atlanta (2009, InsideOut Music)
- Snowfall on Judgment Day (2009, InsideOut Music)
- This Mortal Coil (Oct 2011, InsideOut Music)
- Live from the pit (2014, Sensory Records)
- "Redemption: Members (2012)". metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Redemption: Past Members (2012)". metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Ray Alder Joins Redemption (2004)". metalunderground.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Dream Theater On 'Systematic Chaos' Tour (2007)". ultimate-guitar.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.