|Organization||Distributed Management Task Force|
|Related standards||Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware|
|Domain||Data center management|
The Redfish standard is a suite of specifications that deliver an industry standard protocol providing a RESTful interface for the management of servers, storage, networking, and converged infrastructure.
The Redfish standard has been elaborated under the SPMF umbrella at the DMTF in 2014. The first specification with base models (1.0) was published in August 2015. In 2016, Models for BIOS, disk drives, memory, storage, volume, endpoint, fabric, switch, PCIe device, zone, software/firmware inventory & update, multi-function NICs), host interface (KCS replacement) and privilege mapping were added. In 2017, Models for Composability, Location and errata were added. There is work in progress for Ethernet Switching, DCIM, and OCP.
Redfish support on server
- DELL iDRAC BMC with Minimum iDRAC 7/8 FW 126.96.36.199, iDRAC9 FW 3.00.00.0
- HPE iLO BMC with minimum iLO4 FW 2.30, iLO5
- HPE Moonshot BMC with minimum FW 1.41
- Lenovo XClarity Controller (XCC) BMC with minimum XCC FW 1.00
- Supermicro X10 BMC with minimum FW 3.0 and X11 with minimum FW 1.0
Redfish support on BMC
Software using Redfish APIs
- OpenStack Ironic bare metal deployment project has a Redfish driver.
- Ansible has multiple Redfish modules for Remote Management including redfish_facts, redfish_config, and redfish_command
Redfish libraries and tools
Redfish is used by both proprietary software (such as HPE OneView) as well as FLOSS ones.
- Sharwood, Simon (March 21, 2016). "Gang of five plans extensions to Redfish management spec". www.theregister.co.uk.
- Miller, Michael J. (August 25, 2016). "Advances in USB, PCIe, InfiniBand and Redfish Point the Way Forward at IDF". PCMAG.
- "DMTF signs off Redfish server management spec v 1.0". Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- "DMTF announces Redfish API advancements". Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- "How to get started with the Swordfish storage management standard". Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- "BMC Firmware Products". Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- "DMTF Redfish libraries and tools". Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "python-redfish Documentation". Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Sushy Documentation". Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Open Source Projects Using DMTF Technologies". Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- DMTF Redfish initiative
- Redfish Developer Hub
- DELL Redfish ecosystem
- HPE Redfish ecosystem
- SuperMicro Redfish ecosystem
- Lenovo Redfish ecosystem
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|