Redford High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Redford High School was a secondary school in Detroit, Michigan. A part of Detroit Public Schools, the school opened in September 1921 and ceased operations in June 2007. Staffed and operated by the Detroit Public Schools; Redford High School served the sub-communities of Old Redford, Grandmont, Rosedale Park and Brightmoor.
Chastity Pratt of the Detroit Free Press wrote, "when it was built, Redford was the jewel of the district." Redford offered university preparatory classes for its students such as Business Law and Fashion merchandising to mention a few.
In December 2006, the Detroit Public School District announced that it planned to close Redford; concerned alumni and parents mounted a valiant yet unsuccessful drive to prevent the closure. 2007, the school's third floor was empty. The property was purchased by Meijer, Inc., as a site for a future store complex; the high school facilities were demolished in September 2012.
Detroit's Cooley and Cody High School absorbed much of the attendance area from Redford; including Brightmoor and Grandmont. Henry Ford High School assumed jurisdiction over the remaining northern neighborhoods.
- Kevin Belcher NFL player
- Michael Dunn, actor
- Edward H. McNamara, Wayne county executive
- Douglas Ramsay, figure skater; died before graduating
- Gary Reed, comics writer
- George C. Scott, actor 
- Bill Zepp, major league baseball pitcher
- "High School Attendance Areas." Detroit Public Schools. July 10, 2003. Retrieved on November 2, 2012.
- "A Basic Community Profile: Brightmoor." (Archive) City Connect Detroit at University of Michigan. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- Pratt, Chastity. "Detroit's Redford High down but not broken: Amid heaps of woes, a few fight to save it." Detroit Free Press. February 23, 2007. Retrieved on November 13, 2009.
- "Inside Closed Schools." Detroit Free Press. 1. Retrieved on April 19, 2009.
- "Cody HS Attendance Area 2007-008." Detroit Public Schools. Retrieved on November 13, 2009.
- "High School Attendance Areas 7/10/2003." Detroit Public Schools. Retrieved on November 13, 2009.
- "High School Boundary Map[permanent dead link]." Detroit Public Schools. Retrieved on October 20, 2009.
- "Meijer opens its 2nd Detroit store amid song, donations" (Archive). Detroit Free Press. June 11, 2015. Retrieved on June 23, 2015.
- Smith, Kyla. "Meijer's new Detroit store keeps memory of Redford High" (Archive). Detroit News. June 11, 2015. Retrieved on May 22, 2016.
- "Fate put Detroit boy on doomed jet". Detroit Free Press. February 16, 1961. p. 2 – via Newspapers.com.
- Redford High School - Detroit Public Schools
- Welcome to Redford High School - Detroit Public Schools
- Inside the abandoned Redford High School