In 2013, Tlhabi won the Alan Paton Award for her book, Endings and Beginnings. The book describes Tlhabi's relationship with a notorious gangster as she was growing up, after the death of her father. Tlhabi claims that she changed the names of the characters, but the mother of a gangster of the same name claims that the names are accurate but is disputing some of the facts in the book.
- 2013 Alan Paton Award for Endings and Beginnings.
Tlhabi married Brian Tlhabi, a medical practitioner, in 2010.
- "Redi Tlhabi". tvsa.co.za. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Redi Tlhabi leaves 702 for the US". The Citizen. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- Tlhabi 2013.
- "Redi Tlhabi Wins the 2013 Alan Paton Award for Endings and Beginnings". Books Live. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Angry mother's reaction to Redi Tlhabi comments". The Citizen. Retrieved 6 September 2015.