|Founder||Jebediah and Naked Ape Management|
|Country of origin||Australia|
Redline Records was an independent record label based in Perth, Australia. Started in the year 2000 as a joint project between the band, Jebediah, and its management company, Naked Ape Management, the label predominantly released recordings of Australian indie bands under licensing agreements. Redline Records was distributed by Shock Records in Australia and New Zealand.
Following the final stage of the label's life, in which two albums and one EP were released in 2004 and 2005, respectively, the label's operations were closed without a press release. Since the cessation of Redline Records, artists from the label's roster have either disbanded, entered a period of hiatus or have moved on to other contractual arrangements.
Kevin Mitchell, member of Jebediah, has explained in relation to the formation of the label:
I think we were all pretty naive about what we, what we were achieving—we were having too much fun to get kind of caught up. We'd just released our second album overseas on an independent label; and, spent time in America as an independent act. And that was around about the time where we started our own label, just to, um, release, maybe, release a few, some bands of friends of ours, in bands.
- Adam Said Galore
- Bob Evans
- Big Heavy Stuff
- Front End Loader
- Blueline Medic
- Jimmy Eat World
- The Nation Blue
Following a period of hiatus, Jebediah released its fifth album, Kosciuszko, in 2011, and lead singer and rhythm guitarist, Kevin Mitchell, relocated to Melbourne, Australia. The band entered into an arrangement with a new management company, Catherine Haridy Management, prior to the release of Kosciuszko.
- Discogs: Redline Records (Australia)
- Fidelity Corporation
- Jebediah discuss Redline Records in a band documentary
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (18 December 2011). "REDLINE RECORDS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD". Australian Securities and Investments Commission National Names Index. Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- JebediahMusic (11 April 2011). "Jebediah - Welcome to KOSCIUSZKO: The Story". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- Andrew Lindsay (23 April 2010). "Idlewild to enter hiatus". Stereokill.net. stereokill.net. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- Amy Lou (30 May 2006). "Bob Evans - What's In A Name". Faster Louder. FasterLouder Pty Ltd. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- Q Music (2003). "Heath Bradby". Q Music. Q Music. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- ToneDeaf (28 November 2011). "Interview with Heath Bradby, Head of A&R Warner Music Australia". ToneDeaf. Tone Deaf. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- BIGSOUND (2012). "2012 SPEAKERS HEATH BRADBY". BIGSOUND. Qld Music Network Inc. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- Fidelity Corporation (2012). "Home". Fidelity Corporation. Fidelity Corporation. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- Catherine Haridy Management (2012). "Jebediah". Catherine Haridy Management. Catherine Haridy Management. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
|This article about an Australian record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|