|Initial release||0.1.0 / June 25, 2006|
|Stable release||3.0.4 (July 7, 2015) [±]|
|Written in||Ruby on Rails|
|Available in||34 languages|
|Type||Project management software, Bug tracking system|
|License||GNU General Public License v2|
Redmine is a free and open source, web-based project management and issue tracking tool. It allows users to manage multiple projects and associated subprojects. It features per project wikis and forums, time tracking, and flexible role based access control. It includes a calendar and Gantt charts to aid visual representation of projects and their deadlines. Redmine integrates with various version control systems and includes a repository browser and diff viewer.
Redmine's features include the following:
- Allows tracking of multiple projects
- Supports flexible role-based access control
- Includes an issue tracking system
- Features a Gantt chart and calendar
- Integrates News, documents & files management
- Allows web feeds & e-mail notifications.
- Supports a per-project wiki and per-project forums
- Allows simple time tracking
- Includes custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
- Supports a range of SCM integration, including (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
- Supports multiple LDAP authentication
- Allows user self-registration
- Supports 34 languages
- Allows multiple databases
- Allows for plugins
- Provides a REST API
Following concerns with the way the feedback and patches from the Redmine community were being handled a group of Redmine developers created a fork of the project in February 2011. The fork was initially named Bluemine, but changed to ChiliProject. After the leader of the fork moved on from ChiliProject in 2012 and development got stuck, the project was officially discontinued in February 2015. Another fork of ChiliProject called OpenProject is being actively worked on.
Installers and software appliances
- Redmine offers the latest releases for download on its download page.
- Bitnami app library - installer and/or image (cloud/virtual machine)
- TurnKey Linux Virtual Appliance Library - image (cloud/virtual machine/ISO)
- "Redmine News". Retrieved 2015-07-17.
- "Edgewall Software Trac". trac.edgewall.org. 2015-03-01. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "10 Awesome Free Applications for Office Work". OXHow.com. 2014-08-03. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "Features". redmine.org. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "Redmine - They Are Using Redmine". Redmine. 2008-11-12. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "Project Planning Tools - Popularity Ranking". Project Management Zone. 2015-08-01. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "ChiliProject – Why fork". Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "Introducing ChiliProject – A community fork of Redmine". Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- "Chiliproject FAQ". Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "ChiliProject". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "ChiliProject Blog". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Announcing the end of ChiliProject". 2015-02-02.
- "Open Project Development Timeline". openproject.org. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "Redmine download". redmine.org. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- Lesyuk, Andriy (2013). Mastering Redmine. Packt Publishing. ISBN 978-1-849519-14-4.
- Bevilacqua, Alex (2014). Redmine Plugin Extension and Development. Packt Publishing. ISBN 978-1-783288-74-8.