|Initial release||June 25, 2006|
|Stable release||4.0.4 (June 10, 2019) [±]|
|Written in||Ruby on Rails|
|Available in||49 languages|
|Type||Project management software, Bug tracking system|
|License||GNU General Public License v2|
Redmine is a free and open source, web-based project management and issue tracking tool. It allows users to manage multiple projects and associated subprojects. It features per project wikis and forums, time tracking, and flexible, role-based access control. It includes a calendar and Gantt charts to aid visual representation of projects and their deadlines. Redmine integrates with various version control systems and includes a repository browser and diff viewer.
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Redmine's features include the following:
- Allows tracking of multiple projects
- Supports flexible role-based access control
- Includes an issue tracking system
- Features a Gantt chart and calendar
- Integrates News, documents and files management
- Allows Web feeds and e-mail notifications.
- Supports a per-project wiki and per-project forums
- Allows simple time tracking
- Includes custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
- Supports a range of SCM integration, including (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
- Supports multiple LDAP authentication
- Allows user self-registration
- Supports 49 languages
- Allows multiple databases
- Allows for plugins
- Provides a REST API
Following concerns with the way the feedback and patches from the Redmine community were being handled a group of Redmine developers created a fork of the project in February 2011. The fork was initially named Bluemine, but changed to ChiliProject. After the leader of the fork moved on from ChiliProject in 2012 and development got stuck, the project was officially discontinued in February 2015.
- Comparison of issue-tracking systems
- Comparison of project management software
- Comparison of time-tracking software
- Software configuration management
- "Redmine 4.0.4 released". Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- "Edgewall Software Trac". trac.edgewall.org. 2015-03-01. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "10 Awesome Free Applications for Office Work". OXHow.com. 2014-08-03. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "Features". redmine.org. Retrieved 2019-09-01.
- "Overview - Redmine". www.redmine.org. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- "Redmine - They Are Using Redmine". Redmine. 2008-11-12. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "Ruby Issue Tracking System". Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Project Planning Tools - Popularity Ranking". Project Management Zone. 2015-08-01. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "ChiliProject – Why fork". Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "Introducing ChiliProject – A community fork of Redmine". Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- "Chiliproject FAQ". Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "ChiliProject". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "ChiliProject Blog". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Announcing the end of ChiliProject". 2015-02-02.
- "Open Project Development Timeline". openproject.org. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- Lesyuk, Andriy (2013). Mastering Redmine. Packt Publishing. ISBN 978-1-849519-14-4.
- Bevilacqua, Alex (2014). Redmine Plugin Extension and Development. Packt Publishing. ISBN 978-1-783288-74-8.