|Location||501 Redmond Road, Rome, Georgia, United States|
|Former name(s)||Redmond Park Hospital |
Redmond Regional Medical Center
|Lists||Hospitals in Georgia|
AdventHealth Redmond is a non-profit hospital located in Rome, Georgia, United States, and is one of the largest employers in Floyd County with a staff of 1,200 and over 250 affiliated doctors. It was formerly owned by health care provider HCA Healthcare and is now owned by AdventHealth
On May 13, 2021, HCA Healthcare signed an agreement to sell Redmond Regional Medical Center and its related businesses, physician clinic operations, outpatient services and equity interests to AdventHealth for $635 million. Before being sold the hospital had been part of HCA Healthcare for forty-eight years. On October 1, 2021, Redmond Regional Medical Center joined AdventHealth, it was the last hospital in northwest Georgia sold by HCA Healthcare. In January 2022, it was renamed AdventHealth Redmond. Before being bought by AdventHealth, Redmond Medical Center paid Floyd County $1,378,000 in taxes.
Awards and recognitions
- America's Best Hospitals Award - AdventHealth Redmond won in (2023) from Healthgrades.
- Patient Safety Excellence Award - AdventHealth Redmond won in (2021 and 2023) from Healthgrades.
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention Award - AdventHealth Redmond won in (2023) from Healthgrades.
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care Award - AdventHealth Redmond won in (2023) from Healthgrades.
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Award - AdventHealth won in (2023) from Healthgrades.
- "Deal pending for sale of Rome hospital". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 2021-05-18. Retrieved 2023-04-24.
- "Another hospital changing hands: AdventHeatlh to buy Redmond in Rome". Georgia Health News. 2021-05-13. Retrieved 2023-04-24.
- "HCA To Sell Redmond Regional Medical Center To AdventHealth For $635MIn - Quick Facts". Nasdaq. 2021-05-13. Retrieved 2023-04-24.
- Hartnett, Kara (2021-05-13). "HCA exiting northwest Georgia with $635M sale". Nashville Post. Retrieved 2023-04-24.
- Bailey, John (2021-10-01). "Redmond sale to AdventHealth finalized". Rome News-Tribune. Retrieved 2023-04-24.
- Bailey, John; Miller, Andy (2021-04-29). "Rome hospital's proposed sale could impact area's tax base". The Albany Herald. Retrieved 2023-04-24.
- "AdventHealth Redmond". Healthgrades. Retrieved 2023-05-15.
- "Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals 2022: Teaching Hospitals". Fortune. 2022-06-30. Retrieved 2023-05-17.