|Studio album by Midnight Oil|
|Released||3 November 1998|
|Recorded||1997 - 1998|
|Genre||Alternative rock, industrial rock,
hard rock, nu metal
|Label||Sprint Music / Columbia Records|
|Producer||Warne Livesey / Magoo / Midnight Oil|
|Midnight Oil chronology|
Redneck Wonderland is an album by Midnight Oil that was released in 1998 under the Columbia Records label, which peaked at No.7 on the ARIA Albums Chart. The title of the album was inspired by a wall graffiti, a picture of which can be seen in the promotional Oil Rag Vol. VI issued along with album release. The album was certified Gold in Australia in 2014.
|1.||"Redneck Wonderland"||Hirst, Moginie||3:08|
|2.||"Concrete"||Garrett, Hirst, Moginie||4:12|
|3.||"Cemetery In My Mind"||Garrett, Hirst, Moginie||3:57|
|4.||"Comfortable Place on the Couch"||Hirst, Moginie||4:08|
|5.||"Safety Chain Blues"||Garrett, Moginie||4:21|
|6.||"Return to Sender"||Moginie||3:31|
|7.||"Blot"||Garrett, Hirst, Moginie||3:24|
|8.||"The Great Gibber Plain"||Hirst, Moginie||4:38|
|9.||"Seeing Is Believing"||Garrett, Hirst, Moginie||4:28|
|10.||"White Skin Black Heart"||Garrett, Hirst, Moginie||4:01|
|11.||"What Goes On"||Hirst, Moginie||3:00|
|12.||"Drop in the Ocean"||Moginie||4:13|
Writing credits sourced from APRA WebWorks search engine, November 2009.
- "Concrete" originally performed as "Free My Soul;" known to be played on 20,000 Watt R.S.L. tour.
- "Cemetery in My Mind" known to be played on 20,000 Watt R.S.L. tour.
- "Comfortable Place on the Couch" originally performed as "Haulaway;" known to be played on 20,000 Watt R.S.L. tour.
- "Safety Chain Blues" originally performed as "Warm Babies;" known to be played on 20,000 Watt R.S.L. tour.
- "Return to Sender", "The Great Gibber Plain" and "Drop in the Ocean" may not have been performed live.
- "Blot" known to be played on 20,000 Watt R.S.L. tour. (video of 22 November 1997 performance)
- "White Skin Black Heart" & "What Goes On" both first released on 20,000 Watt R.S.L.; known to be played on 20,000 Watt R.S.L. tour.
The tour is noted for the use of a wheel featuring the titles of 64 Midnight Oil tracks. Most tracks from Redneck Wonderland were not played after the tour ended; the title track was generally the only song played, often as the opening track to shows on the Capricornia tour. The track was later placed elsewhere in the set list; "Concrete" and "Comfortable Place on the Couch" occasionally reappeared.
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Peter Garrett - lead vocals
- Bones Hillman - bass, vocals
- Rob Hirst - drums, vocals
- Jim Moginie - guitar, keyboards, synthesiser, vocals
- Martin Rotsey - guitar
- Hung, Steffen. "Midnight Oil discography". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Median. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- Midnight Oil: Redneck Wonderland: Pitchfork Review
- Allmusic Review
- AMCOS search screen
- The Dead Heart Midnight Oil FAQ, retrieved 5 August 2007.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2014 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 31 December 2014.